Iron Man Mark VII - WIP

Rogerio Silva

Hello

This my Iron Man Mark VII Work in Progress. It's a beautiful model from Julius Perdana, if I'm not mistaken, and can be found in www.paper-replika.com.
The best things about this model is that it's stiffy enough to support itself, well-detailed, and it's poseable! And if you make mistakes in it, you might get lucky enough to have another piece to cover and hide it...:twisted:sign1
Not only a wonderful model, but a fantastic job of engeneery, because of the balance and articulated joints.
Please keep in mind that I am just a beginner!:eek:ops:

Attachments

• WP_000053.jpg
    WP_000053.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 13
  • WP_000054.jpg
    WP_000054.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 9
  • WP_000056.jpg
    WP_000056.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 16

Rogerio Silva

Update

The fist pictures, although I post them today, were all from last week. After a break, I got back at assembling Iron Man, and finished the cod and legs' joints, and the right foot.
Now I am working in the inner leg joints. A bit hard, but nothing I can't handle, even being a newbie. Model height so far: 15cm (6 inches).

Attachments

• WP_000057.jpg
    WP_000057.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 15

Rogerio Silva

Not so fast...

PreacherMan

Only now I payed attention to your whole comment. I have started to assmble Iron Man about three weeks ago, so it's not so fast. Sorry!:eek:ops:

Rogerio Silva

Thanks

A fine model project and a fine assembly one

RonaldoM

Obrigado, amigo! Thanks, buddy, but if you think this is a good assembly, you should take a look at what LOENF did:-o. THAT'S what I call good job. I intend to get at that level of craftmanship someday.
Cheers!

dnalor

looks great...
and nice and clean..
i know because i tried a couple of times to glue figures.
And it's hard

Z

Zathros

Figures are very hard to make and you are doing a fine job on this. If you can find some colored pencils, you can color in the edges. Don't use a marker because they usually bleed through the paper and mess up the edge. Great job! :)

Rogerio Silva

looks great...
and nice and clean..
i know because i tried a couple of times to glue figures.
And it's hard

Dnalor, thanks for the kind words. I've been following your Snowspeeder thread with interest, because I intend to build a Tydirium (very hard) model in the near future, and your experience is going to become really handy.

Figures are very hard to make and you are doing a fine job on this. If you can find some colored pencils, you can color in the edges. Don't use a marker because they usually bleed through the paper and mess up the edge. Great job! :)

Zathros, I can't thank you enough. Not only you're great, but you also encourage newbies like me. You and Rhaven Blaack are examples to me, not only as hobbists, but as good guides in these new waters I dare to sail (sorry, salty water run in my veins!sign1).

Rogerio Silva

Going on...

Hello, everyone!

I wasn't going to post anything about my progress, since I didnt get where I wanted to. Well, close enough, but no cigar!:rolleyes:
I present to you an almost (hate it!:curse:) complete right leg. That was a bit hard, specially because of the knee joint. Articulated models tend to be difficult, and when they are detailed as this Mark VII Iron Man, well, then it gets rough.
Anyway, Julius Perdana's model is incredible, and even if you make mistakes, you can get a way to fix it (or get away with it, you decide!:twisted:). Maybe you're even lucky enough not to need to deglue it...
But here it goes, the photo attached shows the right leg 16cm (6.3 inches) high. It's been difficult so far, but what could be better than the feeling of accomplishment? Just assembling it will be a great victory, for I intend to assemble Sanek94cool's (SWMODELS, Russia) Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Assassins Creed games) for my older boy.
Thanks!

P.S.1 constructive criticism: Julius Perdana's model instructions have been clear so far, but for this third part, I found one or two errors, which mislead me into some mistakes. But I did go around them, and everything's fine now.

P.S.2 Zathros, thanks for the tip, I'll try it for sure!

Attachments

• WP_000058.jpg
    WP_000058.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 12

loenf

Very nice build! And yes, the legs are very tricky! I use water-colours to colour the edges. And I mix the colours always a little bit darker than the original colour of the model-part.

regards Loenf

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow! You are doing fine! (And you are indeed faster than I am..! :mrgreen:)

Rogerio Silva

And the struggle goes on...

Hey, everyone

I have finally completed Iron Man's right leg,as you can see in the attached photo. It's been both hard and self-accomplishing, although I know this is far from the great works I've seen here.:mrgreen:
The model is really fantastic, and in this picture you can see the fingers in detail. I intend to do the closed fists too, so that it makes more "real-life" posing.

Thanks!

P.S. Sometimes I catch myself wondering: is this made of PAPER? Really?:p Thank you, Julius Perdana!

Attachments

• WP_000060.jpg
    WP_000060.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 13

Rogerio Silva

Thanks

Good that you mention the closed fists. If you assemble them according to the plans you'll achieve a very strange result. You'll have to turn the palm upside down and attach the fingers directly to the new inner side of the palm. Take a look at this:

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showpost.php?p=959510&postcount=30
http://www.zealot.com/forum/showpost.php?p=959511&postcount=31
Thanks, Revell-fan!

Your comments are always welcome here, and nice of you to share the info about the closed fists. Good thing I decided to make them only after I finish the model.
I have started to assemble the left leg, I'll show it on my next post.
Cheers!:thumb::wave:

Rogerio Silva

Left leg begins!

Hi!

I have started to assemble the left leg, and it's going nice, specially after learning from the mistakes I made on the right one. So, I present you the left foot, as you can see on the attached photo.
One other thing: Revell-fan is making a wonderful job assembling this very model, and he's also documenting it in a step-by-step, photo-illustrated way. Since I don't think it's necessary to repeat his good work, you can find his thread here: http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173468
Hope you enjoy it!
Cheers!:wave:

Attachments

• WP_000062.jpg
    WP_000062.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 9

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice job! :thumb:

(Looks like a battle damaged Iron Man waiting for spare parts ! :mrgreen: )

Z

Zathros

Looks really good to me. I think you tackled the hardest kind of models to make and are doing a great job. They do look kind of neat with the body parts around, it like a robot factory. :)