Invitation!

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Anders, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Anders

Anders New Member

Welcome to the No Way Railroad!

Have a trip on my Swedish N scale railroad, at present sadly stored at the attic :( I´m rather content with the pictures (and the Photoshop jobs too - cheating...

http://hem.passagen.se/anders.sberg/index.htm

Any comments or remarks are warmly welcome!
  2. billk

billk Active Member

Anders - Just visited your web site and loved it! Especially the "history" of the place - you must be having fun making some of that stuff up!
    Bill K
  3. Anders

Anders New Member

Yes, I´ve found that making up the story is half the fun of creating a little world-of-my-own like this.

Things pop up while you´re sitting working with models, putting people in places or into houses: "Oh, yes, I´ll be damned - this must be Mr Svensson the milkman, waiting for his mistress to show up". And so on.

As I said - it´s half the fun of it! :D
  4. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Anders,
    I just got back from an excursion to No Way. I was offered a free invitation and, being Scottish, how could I resist it? .. :)

Didn't see the railbus but I would have waved to grandma if the opportunity had arisen.

It was such a pleasure to admire the skill with which you have put the whole thing together and your humour is so enjoyable.

Thank's for the invitation, I just hope more enthusiasts take up your invite. Congratulations on a fine layout and tale of wondrous goings on up there.:)

Errol
  5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks Anders!
    I thoroughly enjoyed the trip! (& the story behind it)
    I really like the photos, & your wonderful track plan!
    Would love to see more of what you're up to currently!

You can check out my little N scale switching layout at
    http://hometown.aol.com/cvdiv/fsb-1-160.html
  6. Catt

Catt Guest

Anders,just visited your site. I think its great:D
  7. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Anders,

Terrific work! Your historical content makes the whole thing come alive!

I've been seriously pondering a shelf layout for my Next Big Thing, and have been looking around for inspiration and ideas. It's kinda ironic that you showed up just now!

Thanks again!

-Rory
  8. Anders

Anders New Member

Thanks all for your great feedback - I think that was just what an unfairly treatened little layout like this needed!

I will probably bring it out from the attic long before I get retired, but i need to move to a larger home first - one of the reasons for sending the layout to imprisonment, was that I got annoyed of it occupying too large areas of my living room. Space is a common problem among moder railroaders, isn´t it? :confused:

Anyway, I´ve just started finishing the electric (accumulator!) shunting loco type Öd, shown at the bottom of the "Rolling stock"-page. So I am - to a limited extent - back in business again!

I´ve just taken a ride at the Four Sisters Branch railyard - love the buildings!! :)

The theory that smaller size will cause smaller headaches, is probably very very right...

Cheers!
  9. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Anders,
    Thanks for the compliment on the structures...they're are all modified plastic kits.
    Once again, I must pay you sincere compliments on your own work! I especially liked the church falling into ruin!
    This is my favorite site on the web, & with your arrival, it just got a little better!
    Welcome!