Introduction

Drphl87

Mar 23, 2017
Fantastic to be here. I hail from Southern Utah. I am a make up artist but fill most of my time taking care of my wife who is a quadriplegic. We spend a significant amount of time together.during the first few years I discovered these fantastic paper models. My first was the Time Machine. Next will be The Proteus from Fantastic Voyage. THey are vastly therapeutic for me, and my Wife loves to watch the progress. Thank you so much for making these fantastic creations available..

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello Drphl,

welcome aboard! :)

It's always great to meet new people here who are interested in the hobby. Just feel free to take a look around, make yourself comfortable and please show us some pictures of your previous work here. We absolutely love pictures. :)

Our community is very helpful and resourceful. So whenever you have a problem, just ask us.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Kindest regards to you and your wife

RF

Reactions: Drphl87

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
I totally agree with you about the beneficial effects of papercrafting. It takes only few minutes to dissolve great part of all the stress accumulated during the day. Think that sometimes, during a hard work day, when all things seems to go the wrong way, just thinking to my modeling time to come later changes my mood in better. It'a a cathartic experience!
My only problem, when I'm at home, is that my wife doesn't like cardmodels like yours so I must be careful to not spend too much time modeling, especially when dinner time is approaching :cool: um....

Anyway, here you'll find a lot of inspirations and ideas, this is a really nice place full of nice people doing nice things!
Welcome!
:)

Last edited:

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
Welcome Drphl87, it sounds like you have discovered the work of our resident "Grand Master" UHU02 :)

This is really the place for paper modellers to hang out & we're a really nice bunch of guys (and girls)! Be warned, some of us do have the penchant for a bad pun now & then :)

I also would love to see some of your work!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome to Zealot. I love hearing that your wife can vicariously enjoy and build these models with you. You single post has spoken volumes to me. We are honored to have good people join this forum. Please post every aspect of your builds. We eat up build photos, it's food for thought, and we too can enjoy the experience and share our appreciation with you. May you and you wife be blessed in your journey through this strange thing called life. :)

Welcome to Zealot. :)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Welcome to Zealot!
Welcome to Zealot. I love hearing that your wife can vicariously enjoy and build these models with you. You single post has spoken volumes to me. We are honored to have good people join this forum. Please post every aspect of your builds. We eat up build photos, it's food for thought, and we too can enjoy the experience and share our appreciation with you. May you and you wife be blessed in your journey through this strange thing called life. :)

Welcome to Zealot. :)
I echo these words with my own...It is great to have GOOD people here! and we really do LOVE pictures!!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello Drph187,

Welcome to Zealot. I have to agree as well that building paper models is indeed very therapeutic. I saw your photo (in the gallery) of "Time Machine". By chance do you have photos of the build of it? If so, please start a build thread. I would really like to see it. By all means, please post a build thread of the Proteus (when you start it).

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or need help. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we canto help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

Drphl87

Mar 23, 2017
Hello Drphl,

It's always great to meet new people here who are interested in the hobby. Just feel free to take a look around, make yourself comfortable and please show us some pictures of your previous work here. We absolutely love pictures. :)

Our community is very helpful and resourceful. So whenever you have a problem, just ask us.

RF
Thank you for the reply. I grew up in the early years of SciFi and Fantasy. Movies were a wonderful time for me as a youth. So many of the models that i have seen represent a large portion of those memories. I remember going to see 2001 a Space Oddessy with my father in the 60's. The fantastic crafts to this day still blow me a way. The C57D from Forbidden Planet, Proteus from Fantastic Voyage, on and on. There are so many I want to build. I started with my first love, The Time Machine. It showed mr I could do it, and have it looks fairly decent. I learned some tricks and tools to help me.Looking forward to sharing as soon as I find my build pics. I am so thrilled to find you guys.
Drphl87

Drphl87

Mar 23, 2017
Welcome to Zealot!

I echo these words with my own...It is great to have GOOD people here! and we really do LOVE pictures!!
Most kind of you. I feel like a kid in a candy shop. So many wonders. Going to find my build pics of the Time Machine. Going to start on the Orion from 2001.

Drphl87

Mar 23, 2017
Great to have you here. You might want to make a similar post about your experiences with the Time Machine and Proteus in the Uhu02 appreciation thread. That is the thread to tell the designer about your experiences and I think he would appreciate knowing how his models benefit you and your wife. Again, welcome aboard.
I would love to. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed around a computer. I have been facinated with these fantastic models designed by UHU02. Frustraited that I discovered him too late to down load some of these amazing creations. One day I will come across the answers. I am a firm believer that even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then.

Drphl87

Mar 23, 2017
Welcome Drphl87, it sounds like you have discovered the work of our resident "Grand Master" UHU02 :)

This is really the place for paper modellers to hang out & we're a really nice bunch of guys (and girls)! Be warned, some of us do have the penchant for a bad pun now & then :)

I would love to. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed around a computer. I have been facinated with these fantastic models designed by UHU02. Frustraited that I discovered him too late to down load some of these amazing creations. One day I will come across the answers. I am a firm believer that even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then.

Looking forward to. Once I get the ducks in a row. I have been a modeler since a kid. Since I discovered these paper models I have been captivated with them. Recently i saw a new model of the Millennial Falcon. It appears to be hugh and massively detailed in and out. Haven't found out where to find it yet.

Drphl87

Mar 23, 2017
Hello Drph187,

Welcome to Zealot. I have to agree as well that building paper models is indeed very therapeutic. I saw your photo (in the gallery) of "Time Machine". By chance do you have photos of the build of it? If so, please start a build thread. I would really like to see it. By all means, please post a build thread of the Proteus (when you start it).

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or need help. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we canto help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Yes. I think I saved them on a disk. I will try and find them tomorrow and put them together.

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Drphl87

Mar 23, 2017
Hello Drph187,

Just peaked at your Gallery!! Holy fantastic models!! these are all amazing. I am a babe comparatively speaking, but finshing the Time Machine proved to me, it could be done!!!

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Drphl87

Mar 23, 2017
I totally agree with you about the beneficial effects of papercrafting. It takes only few minutes to dissolve great part of all the stress accumulated during the day. Think that sometimes, during a hard work day, when all things seems to go the wrong way, just thinking to my modeling time to come later changes my mood in better. It'a a cathartic experience!
My only problem, when I'm at home, is that my wife doesn't like cardmodels like yours so I must be careful to not spend too much time modeling, especially when dinner time is approaching :cool: um....

Anyway, here you'll find a lot of inspirations and ideas, this is a really nice place full of nice people doing nice things!
Welcome!
:)
Wonderful builds!!! I was looking at the lunar Module, and it was kind of scary, but one day I might give it a try...

Reactions: Tonino

Drphl87

Mar 23, 2017
Hello Drphl,

RF
Thank you.Very excited to amongst new friends!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Just peaked at your Gallery!! Holy fantastic models!! these are all amazing. I am a babe comparatively speaking, but finshing the Time Machine proved to me, it could be done!!!

Thank you for the kind words! When I first started, I too had a great deal to learn when I first started (and I made all kinds of mistakes :hammerhead::headbange:). The thing is I am still learning new things.

If the Time Machine is a measure of your work, I would have to say that you have a very strong grasp of what to do and how to do it. I think that you will do well in this hobby! thumbsup So enjoy yourself and have fun!!!

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
Welcome aboard to you and your wife. If you see something that you would like to build, check out the forum for a build thread on it. By doing so, you will learn of any problems with the kit and how to adapt to it. Paper is a forgiving material, and if you screw up, you can always print another sheet and start over and is a lot cheaper. Enjoy, build, have fun and hope to see some of your works soon.

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Looking forward to. Once I get the ducks in a row. I have been a modeler since a kid. Since I discovered these paper models I have been captivated with them. Recently i saw a new model of the Millennial Falcon. It appears to be hugh and massively detailed in and out. Haven't found out where to find it yet.

Do you mean this Milenium Falcon from Berszu?
http://www.zealot.com/threads/paper-model-of-38-falcon-millennium-scratch-builded.178113/
It is build from scratch and hand painted and there are no templates you can download to build it.

I think this is best paper model you can download. It is from Shunichi Makino.
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/sf/falcon.html
It is also possible to scale it up to Berszu Falcon size and custom add all the deails.