Introduction to a new member

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by locodan5416, May 21, 2006.

1. locodan5416

locodan5416 New Member

Hi group,

First off, I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Dan and I am a Mechanical Engineering student in my third year. I have always liked model railroads, and I had one when I was around 10 yrs old. I then got into live steam, and I am building a northern in 3/4" scale. However, I've always liked switching...

It just so happened that I came across this website : http://andrews-trains.fotopic.net/c374578.html

I am building Stubbens St Yard

I then realised I could barely squeeze in a 18" by 8' switching layout for HO Scale in my bedroom. I built up the benchwork outside in a break of the stroms this past week in the east (I live in Ohio) and painted it, and I have just completed my first structure, Armstrong Electric Motors, I have built a couple freight cars, and acquired a GP-9 by Walthers. I also acquired all the flextrak and switches. I also have a powerpack (Nothing fancy, its a Tech 2). I am going to get rail cutters from my grandfather and hopefully soon I'll have my "Malfunction Junction" up and running.

Dan
  2. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

:wave: welcome to the gauge :wave: love 3/4 scale helped a old friend build a 3/4 LS mountain back a bit :) nothing wrong with a tech 2 for a power pack. post some pics if you can .
  3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge, Dan:wave:
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Glad you could join us Dan!
    Ralph