Introduction - SylvanKnight

SylvanKnight

Hello, and thanks for having me. I'm a longtime plastic kit builder, although I've done a few card models as well, and helped develop a 3D fold-up add-on for the Campaign Cartographer program called Campaign Dioramas. I'm looking forward to seeing what other modelers have done, and building some of their models. Cheers!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to Zealot.

What genre are you interested in?

If you have any photos of any of the models that you have made, please post them (WE LOVE SEEING PHOTOS)!

If you have any questions, comments, concern, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome SylvanKnight, paper modeling is fun. It can cause you to pull your hair out too sometimes, but it is a very interesting hobby. I think you will enjoy it immensely. Feel free to post pics of anything you have built. :)

SylvanKnight

2014-10-20_10-36-48_633_zps825e07bc.jpg

This was the last paper model I completed, a Starfleet Work Bee. Not very complex I know, but I have always loved large scale Trek models, and this one looks good sitting next to my traditional plastic Trek models.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That's a nice looking WorkBee. There's another version out there with a complete interior. Nice clean looking model. The edges look dead on. No gaps, really nice! :)

SylvanKnight

Thanks. The secret is a sharp X-Acto blade, folding over a thin metal ruler, and Aleene's Tacky Glue - no drips, no mess.