Introduction - new here

Bird Man

N Scale - trying again
Aug 19, 2007
SF Bay Area
Hi all, I just found this forum and thought that I would introduce myself.

I live in the SF Bay Area (Marin County) and have modeled on and off since I was 12 (U control custom built planes & HO) and have now started working in N scale (DCC and weathering) after a long hiatus (25 years) of being away from trains of any scale.

My main interest is in weathering/scenery/realistic n scale layout planning. I hope to ask for guidance and critical opinions of what I am up to.

Glad to be here :wave:

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Welcome!!! You'll be glad you've found this place - there's plenty of great information, amazing layouts and some great layout picture-takers here.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
You have now been assimilated into the train borg. This forum will now take up all your time and become a far worse obsession than mere model trains alone could ever become. Your wife will come to hate you. Your kids will start to ignore you. Your friends will forget all about you. No one will ever see or hear from you again. You have been sucked into....... THE GAUGE!

:D

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

rhtastro

Jul 27, 2007
Northern CA
Hey BM, you found a great treasure with this forum. Lot's of great people here and good info. I just found it last month. Even if you are from Marin, we won't hold that against you. (Local joke, guys). Good luck with your projects and as stated by one of the gurus on this forum "remember, it's just for fun", or something like that. Bob

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
You have now been assimilated into the train borg. This forum will now take up all your time and become a far worse obsession than mere model trains alone could ever become. Your wife will come to hate you. Your kids will start to ignore you. Your friends will forget all about you. No one will ever see or hear from you again. You have been sucked into....... THE GAUGE!

:D

Welcome to the forum! :wave:
Wow! I think that's a good candidate for a standardized welcome message to all new members.