Intro

cthree

May 23, 2012
Hi all,

Waaaay back when, I used to build rc planes, boats, gliders, anything I could get my hand on. After a while, you figure out that planes are more expensive due to the 3rd dimension being rather unforgiving at times. I still have a great fondness for rc boats of all types, but really havent built anything in quite some time. Seems the tech has evolved greatly since I was in it heavily (mid 80's). Still, I do miss the smell of burning nitro................but not the hit fingers (yes, I refuse to use electric starters!)

So, with a son interested in papercrafting, I thought it would be a great time to try something new, and it definitely costs less than balsa and all the rest!

C3

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: to the forum cthree. You may not have strayed too far from the R/C world, a lot of people make really nice flyable planes out of paper. Using micro controllers and engines, they can be quite small. If you are looking for any particular type of model, let us know, maybe we can help you find one, preferably FREE! :)

cthree

May 23, 2012
r/c out of paper?!

Wow, never thought along those lines. Seems they would be a bit fragile, but then, so was the old balsa types.

Really, I'd be looking for anything to get a 15 year old son involved in, so a beginner trainer type would be great.

Electronics and what not I need to research, as i'm so out of date.........

thx!

C3

Z

Zathros

Go to YouTube and you will find an amazing amount of paper, and foam board R/C planes. Some incredible small. All flown indoors! :)