Internet Vendors

SR39

Jan 14, 2007
Upstate, SC
Would like to hear of any internet vendors that you have had good results with. I have had good response from MB Klein and N Scale Supply. Are there others you would recommend. I had a terrible experience with one in CA and don't want to go through that again.
Thanks
Jim

Woodyncarlyle

Oct 22, 2006
I had good results with Canadian Scale Rail and hobby, and usally can find what I need on Ebay, somtimes i have to be patient

Woody
Prairies meet the Rockies RR (PMR)

nolink5750

Oct 12, 2007
I've been using MB Klein, a little disapointed this week end though. I made a order monday hoping to be here by friday and that didn't happen. So I went to spend the weekend at my wife's uncles place. Didn't get a darn thing done on my layout. And what a boring weekend. He don't even have internet were I could have been checking out this site. :confused: Oh well, I guess the wife is happy. Glad someone is wall1

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
After my horrible experience with internettrains.com recently (order didn't ship for 3 weeks, turns out my "in-stock" items weren't, and then took another 4 weeks to get my $300 refund), I will no longer order from "wholesalers" such as Internet trains, discount trains, or wholesale trains, etc...

I'm sticking to either Fifer Hobby or Ebay.

platypus1217

Feb 27, 2007
platypus1217.blogspot.com
I have not had a great experience with Internet Trains either. My order status was stuck in limbo for two weeks (they claim to ship in 7-10 days). I emailed customer service about it. That seemed to move my order along and it shipped out a few days later. I am waiting for it to arrive (in hopefully a day or two).

I have had much better success with Ebay. I actually ordered an item off of Ebay after placing my internet trains order, and it arrived promptly, I even finished assembling the model while I wait on my IT order.

SR39

Jan 14, 2007
Upstate, SC
Thanks for your responses

Thanks guys,

My bad experience was with Internet Trains. Never again. That is why I was requesting input on your internet buying. Thanks for the input. You are a great bunch.
Jim

w8jy

Mar 21, 2007
Au Gres, Michigan
One of the best out there for N scale is Fifer Hobby. Shipment is fast and they have outstanding customer service. On one order, I accidentally clicked on the wrong item and didn't notice my mistake until the order arrived. They took the item back with no questions asked. Their e-mail responses are extremely quick. They are also members of this forum - great people to deal with.