Internet Vendors

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by SR39, Oct 27, 2007.

1. SR39

SR39 Member

Would like to hear of any internet vendors that you have had good results with. I have had good response from MB Klein and N Scale Supply. Are there others you would recommend. I had a terrible experience with one in CA and don't want to go through that again.
    Thanks
    Jim
  2. jesso

jesso Member

3. Woodyncarlyle

Woodyncarlyle New Member

I had good results with Canadian Scale Rail and hobby, and usally can find what I need on Ebay, somtimes i have to be patient

Woody
    Prairies meet the Rockies RR (PMR)
  4. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

5. baldwinjl

baldwinjl Member

6. pimberman

pimberman New Member

7. nolink5750

nolink5750 Member

I've been using MB Klein, a little disapointed this week end though. I made a order monday hoping to be here by friday and that didn't happen. So I went to spend the weekend at my wife's uncles place. Didn't get a darn thing done on my layout. And what a boring weekend. He don't even have internet were I could have been checking out this site. :confused: Oh well, I guess the wife is happy. Glad someone is wall1
  8. nolatron

nolatron Member

After my horrible experience with internettrains.com recently (order didn't ship for 3 weeks, turns out my "in-stock" items weren't, and then took another 4 weeks to get my $300 refund), I will no longer order from "wholesalers" such as Internet trains, discount trains, or wholesale trains, etc...

I'm sticking to either Fifer Hobby or Ebay.
  9. platypus1217

platypus1217 Member

I have not had a great experience with Internet Trains either. My order status was stuck in limbo for two weeks (they claim to ship in 7-10 days). I emailed customer service about it. That seemed to move my order along and it shipped out a few days later. I am waiting for it to arrive (in hopefully a day or two).

I have had much better success with Ebay. I actually ordered an item off of Ebay after placing my internet trains order, and it arrived promptly, I even finished assembling the model while I wait on my IT order.
  10. SR39

SR39 Member

Thanks for your responses

Thanks guys,

My bad experience was with Internet Trains. Never again. That is why I was requesting input on your internet buying. Thanks for the input. You are a great bunch.
    Jim
  11. w8jy

w8jy Member

One of the best out there for N scale is Fifer Hobby. Shipment is fast and they have outstanding customer service. On one order, I accidentally clicked on the wrong item and didn't notice my mistake until the order arrived. They took the item back with no questions asked. Their e-mail responses are extremely quick. They are also members of this forum - great people to deal with.
  12. mummert

mummert Member

13. engineshop

engineshop Member

I use Feather River Train Shop since this web site advertises how many items are in stock.
    I just hate it when you order stuff online and you never receive it and a phone call turns out they cancel your order since they did not have anything you wanted.