International Paper Model Convention?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by davelant, Sep 14, 2007.

1. davelant

davelant Member

Are the hosts of the International Paper Modeling Convention 2007 organizing another one for this year, or sometime in the new future?
  2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I sure hope so. I attended Wonderfest this year and had a blast, so I can imagine a paper modeling convention would be cool. Plus I'd possibly get to meet some of the members here.
  3. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I hope this idea doesn't drop. I'd love to meet up with some fellow paper modelers if the schedule worked out that I could make it (and the wife is agreeable of course ;) ).
  4. davelant

davelant Member

Milleniumfalshood, did you bring paper to Wonderfest? I have, and a few others have, but I didn't make it this year. Something about my daughter graduating from high school...
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

heck yeah! Do you know about the Cicada-class Gunboat design from Space:1889? I forget who designed it(the name is right on the tip of my tongue!wall1), but I super-detailed it, mainly because I liked the design:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few months ago I printed this off the web(I wish I could find the URL) and decided it needed sme details. So I printed a second copy from which to scratchbuild the details. If you can believe it, the original model was simply that gaming miniature blown up to 15mm scale. I added everything else, including plastic "glass" in the windows(you can see a reflection of the desk in the second picture).

I took this and Zoushu's 1:1700 Defiant class. I didn't enter the Defiant, but the Cicada-class won a bronze! :D

Unfortunately I lost it in the back seat and when I found it a month or so later it was in complete disarray. The propeller, flag, and mast are missing, the propeller shaft(a toothpick) was broken, the stanchions were all broken from the base and hanging, and the gatling guns are missing. wall1 wall1 wall1

I'll just have to find time to repair the damage and put it in the glass cabinet I have for contest-winners along with the medal I recieved for a prize.