Intergalactic Robot Mecha...thing.

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
As some of you may know, Adam Yauch, better known as MCA of the Beastie Boys, passed away Friday the Fourth. I wanted to do something to pay tribute to him, but, unfortunately, my alternating weekly regular subject/pony toy schedule didn't really give me time to work on a Beastie-related model. So, two weeks after MCA's passing, I'm finally getting started on the project!

The model is that of a Robot Spaceship kind-of-thing from the group's music video for their song Intergalactic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORYO0atB6g&ob=av2e

So far, I have the head and torso done:
QXYKz.png

here's a prelim sketch:
7EXe3.png

and here's the problem with doing a subject from a music video:
7YtXy.png

ganeshsingh158

Jul 18, 2007
Wow! That was a really fast design & build! A great tribute to the man, the band, and retro robots in general. Super job! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
You did a FANTASTIC job on this model!!!

I do have to say that this is a GREAT tribute and a PERFECT way to honour Adam Yauch and the band as a whole.

Thank you for taking the time, effert and energy to make this model and sharing it with all of us. My hat is off to you for a job well done.

Z

Zathros

No, it wasn't in vain. I like this, a lot. I think it could easily be made out of aluminum flashing from home depot, with LED's. This has a lot of potential. I wish we could host this here. This is special. Brings back a lot of memories for me. :)

Z

Zathros

It really captures the toys of that era, I was a child that era! :)