Interesting MoW car...

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
..my wife spotted. Ya know fellows- when your wife makes you pull over to the side of the road- makes you turn around because she saw something interesting that she'd like to photograph for future reference and then asks if it's okay to spend a few minutes exploring the object of her focus, well, then I guess I don't mind as much when she makes me dinner either!:mrgreen:

Ya see, my wife is also an artist and is always seeking out "Urban Decay". Her recent work was hosted at the James A. Michener Library in Quakertown, PA. I am very proud of her and her work. I am posting a thumbnail of her work and a thumbnail of this very interesting car which she saw, as Monty Python would have said, "from a very long way away".

Any clues fellows? I can tell you that the BLT date is 10-24 and is also stenciled for AF INDUSTRIES OWNER.

Here's a link to the full size images-

Art
MoW Car

Attachments

• LSR_MichnerT.jpg
    LSR_MichnerT.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 57
  • LSR_MWK0954T.jpg
    LSR_MWK0954T.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 63

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Hi Mark,

That is cool that she wanted to stop and have a look at that interesting car!
Its also very cool that she has her photos on display at the library. Good subjects! As for the car in question I'm thinking MOW crew quarters with the stove vent and the portholes.
Best wishes for Laura's continued artwork!
Ralph

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
They're actually...

...oil paintings Ralph. And believe you me- some of the places she drags me to and says, "Honey, lets get some pics", but then again I did much of that on my own too. Thanks for the kind comment and she'll be thrilled to read it.

I am wondering tho- a car with a BLT 10-24 date? Looks Pennsy to me with the round port holes- hey PC might have had this baby down in Morrisville, PA where we just drove thru this afternoon looking for more things to shoot.

Anyway...

Mark

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Answering my own question!

I crack me uP! I woke up this morning and was thinking about what I wrote, "Looks Pennsy to me with the round port holes..." and took a spin over to Fallen Flags. Went to Pennsy- looking for MW stuff- there it is- the 7th link. A photo from 1988. Here's a link to that photo and this car 20 years younger.

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/misc-n/nhrr64707ags.jpg

Coincidence? As we were travelling about in BUcks County, PA over the weekend we took photos at The New Hope & Ivyland's Buckingham Station and drove thru their name sakes.

Mark