Interesting Japanese Apollo models...

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by jparenti, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Apollonia 1:48 Scale Paper Models

Hi all,

Has anybody been able to order and receive any of these interesting models yet? In that case, please share your experiences. Thanks.

Best,
    Bengt :thumb:
  2. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

I'm still waiting for a reply.
  3. jparenti

jparenti Member

No reply. :( I'll try it again, and let him know of the interest in the English-speaking community. Maybe he'll be able to make the site work for those of us with no culture (or the failure of nerve that leads me to be monolingual). :D
  4. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

No answers to me .....:confused:

I think that someone between the forum members that know the japanese language, like AKI below, can ask to the owner of the Apollonia site how we can contact him and buy his wonderful models.

What do You think? There is here one volunteer? :rolleyes:

Best Nando :thumb:

5. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Dig a little deeper in that site and you'll find they have a paper model of the Apollo Mobile Quarantine Facility. Now THAT's something I'd like to build!
  6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

jgderuvo,

WHERE, pray tell, did you find that model? I have been going through all the model pages and I haven´t succeeded in finding that particular quarantine facility. Thanks.

Best,
    Bengt :thumb:
  7. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Neither have I. I just found it on one of the pages as being available. It may be on the DVD. But it looks sweet.
  8. Nando

... only a picture of MQF in the home page, but the link refers to the same page :cry:

Interesting also Aft Interstage Assembly S-IVB ... but the same reference :cry:

Nando
  9. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

maddening, isn't it?

I know! I've emailed them to request a fix, but so far no joy.
  10. jparenti

jparenti Member

I almost feel bad for finding this, considering it keeps getting better and we have no way of getting it. :D
    It appears we are all chomping at the bit to get at these models. He's going to make a fortune (when we figure out how to read his site, that is). ;)

Just sent him another e-mail. Maybe this time...
  11. YuG

YuG Member

Hi all,

Asked by Nando I have visited the site today and found out saweeeeeet Apollo!!!
    Thanks Nando for valuable information.
    And asked them by e-mail how to buy the kit in genuine Japanese - at least I believe so - so that they will give me reply.
    I'll be back when I receive their reply
  12. Nando

YuG,
    thank You for Your kindness. :thumb:
    I'd like to give You my compliments for Your Builds that i follow here and elsewhere.
    In particular I'm astonished for this picture that depicts a particular of Your Fuso. I'm comparing this one with my Kingfisher on Arizona's Turret that I built some time ago. What a difference: I have a long journey to approach to your skill, sensei! :inw::inw::inw::inw:

Nando
    [​IMG]
  13. YuG

YuG Member

Thank you Nando for your compliment.
    BTW I received reply from Apollonia. I have placed order with APOLO 13 SPLASH DOWN.

In the reply mail they said at this point they don't consider overseas sales
    because they are worried about Japanese written kit instruction that will cause problem but also they said they would like to consider if there are high demand.

In return to give me valuable information I am going to do something for you if you want me to do about overseas sales of APOLLO
  14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Just wanted to say... Long time no see, Yu. Glad to see you're still here!
    --Enough hijack, let's get back to Apollo's ;)
  15. YuG

YuG Member

It's nice to see you again Lex!
    These 8 months business needs forced me to travel a lot and could not afford to have time for model building so concentrated on German forum but from now on I want to come here because here I don't need to translate writings using translation software.
  16. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Apollonia 1:48 Scale Paper Models

Hello Yu,

I am also very much interested in buying one of the Apollonia card models, in particular the 'Apollo 8 with S-IVB' DVD. It would be a very interesting match for Greelt Peterusma´s and Ton Noteboom´s 1:48 scale Saturn V launcher and spacecraft models.

Would it be possible for you to order models for us in Europe or the US? I am a real space modeling buff and also registered, regular eBay buyer and PayPal user. Perhaps we can make some kind of combimed effort, if Nando is also interested?
    So, if there is a possiblilty, count me in. You can always PM me, if you like. Perhaps there is something I can do for you in the realm of Real Space or Aviation models?

Hoping for the best,
    Bengt in Stockholm :thumb:
  17. Nando

YES, I Am! :mrgreen:

I'd like to by all DVDs, also if i don't know how many they are, ho much they cost, how can I pay, etc., and me too I am a
    As Bengt say
    and obviously if i can do something for You ....

Thanks, Nando
  18. YuG

YuG Member

First, I'll send e-mail to Apollonia asking them to sell overseas. Perhaps they are decent people so that they are worring about modelers who buy their products are puzzled by unknown Japanese instruction. I'll pursuade them taking an example that Polish publishers sell their products overseas with only Polish instruction.
  19. jparenti

jparenti Member

It would be great if you could convince them to see overseas. Pictures of the finished product and maybe some build pics are all I need -- I've done plenty of models with instructions in Japanese and Polish, so I'm sure it would be possible to figure them out. I am wanting to get hold of the Apollo 8with S-IVB as well.
    Thank you for making the effort to let us know what is going on!
  20. the mole

the mole Member

Hello Yu,

I would like to put my name on the list of people who would like to obtain the Apollo 8 with s1VB DVD and any other DVD they have.:thumb: