interest waning

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I don't know if its this big Jupiter 2,
or the heat,
but I am finding myself losing interest in paper modeling, and wanting to make paper mache' craft. mostly from sci fi movies.
I was hoping if anyone else has gone thru something like this, that they might signpost what might happen.
I would like to offer special parts, whole saucer craft, and still build the free kits for my own.
do you think its ok to drop everything and start over doing something new, and if not, what do you recommend to consider as a schedule for keeping both things going?
I don't want to get stuck half-way thru something and have to back track. I have been pm'ing for about 6 years now.
jim

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I do virtually no modeling in the warm weather, or if I have another big project going on. To be honest, I enjoy Rendering more than making the models. I have been in a rut with this for a long time. I god really discouraged by another forum I used to belong in, that sucked the fun right out of it. Your not alone. Do what pleases you. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hobbies as a whole (regardless of what they are) are suppose to be fun and enjoyable. There is nothing in any rule book that says you have to be constantly tied to that one hobby or that you have to be constantly working on that one hobby. There is nothing wrong with getting up and walking away from it for awhile and taking a break.
Do what makes you happy, and what is right for you.

If you want to work on paper mache' crafts, then go for it.
You can even post them here (if you would like).
I would really like to see some of these kind of projects as well.

Regardless of what you choose to do, just remember one thing though;
YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME HERE!!!

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
Spaceagent-9

If you have no fun anymore, then it means that's just not for you. Trying new things is inherent to the human nature (or spirit, for those who believe in it, like ME), so there's no need to feel embarassed because you've changed your mind about something.
Can you imagine what the world would be like if no one ever changed their minds, or didn't even try out new things? All the discoveries and progress wouldn't ever come to be...
Find your way, man. Go for it!

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
that's what I thought, thanks for confirming that I should change my schedule around!
do what makes you happy- that's the jist of it.
so I am doing one project, start to finish on a week t0 week basis, then move on to another, while I experiment with this part kits paper mache' that's bugging me. maybe I will learn something, even if my grade school teachers doubted it!

mcusanelli

Feb 26, 2008
Dude,
Stop worrying about it and just have fun! Do what ever makes you happy. I go back and forth with plastic kits and paper. Don't force yourself to do something that you're not feeling enthusiastic about, it will make you miserable. Kinda sounds like work! I have about a dozen projects going at the moment, and no idea when I'll finish them, and I don't care either! In between working 7 days a week, sometimes I get a half hour to model, so I pick what interests me at the moment from my stash of started projects....Or start yet another- and just go with it. For me, it's cheap therapy, and it makes all the pressure of everyday life go away. So, just try to enjoy yourself, this is all for fun!!!

RagDaddy

Jan 7, 2011
Ireland
Have to agree, I mean we have free will, and this is a hobby, not something that you should feel compelled to do. Go with your whims and don't feel you owe anyone or anything for something you once enjoyed doing. And if you feel like it in time to come, it'll still be here waiting patiently for you.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I hit the wrong button, because im leaving the apt right now, sheesh I had a great reply basically thanks, I needed to hear all that and I got my new schedule balanced! thanks again!

Cforrest900

I think it is great to have multiple hobbies. I love to draw and I love papercrafts, so I do whichever better suits what I want to make at the time. For instance, a few months ago, I wanted a bunch of doctor who character art stuff, so I made most of the cubees (exactly 50) by Cyberdrone on Deviantart. A week ago, I decided I wanted MORE Doc Who character timey Wimey spacey wacey stuff, so I started a drawing.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Right now I am designing a Rotisserie. it has to be able to rotate my M.G.. Not paper, but cutting and gluing (welding, same thing, just hotter). :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I knew that was what was keeping you busy! whats the word?.......Bossanova! I think the dragsters used to say when my parents were kids