Instructions on creating instructions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by Willja67, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Hi everybody,

I'm starting this thread and I hope everybody with some knowledge on the subject will contribute. I'm getting close to a point where I can start creating the instructions for my Super Corsair and I have no idea how really to go about it. I need education in All areas(graphics software , part numbering systems you name it). I'm also guessing that others would find such info very useful or at least informative.

I was just looking at the thread on the dehavilland comet (very beautiful model by the way) and saw the sample page of instructions. Knowing how to produce something like that would be greatly appreciated.

And finally I think it would give everybody the opportunity to sound off on how they like instructions and anyone else contemplating creating a model for commercial application could benfit from the feedback. If such a thread or tutorial already exists, by all means please point me in the right direction.
  2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Hi everybody,

I'm starting this thread and I hope everybody with some knowledge on the subject will contribute. I'm getting close to a point where I can start creating the instructions for my Super Corsair and I have no idea how really to go about it. I need education in All areas(graphics software , part numbering systems you name it). I'm also guessing that others would find such info very useful or at least informative.

I was just looking at the thread on the dehavilland comet (very beautiful model by the way) and saw the sample page of instructions. Knowing how to produce something like that would be greatly appreciated.

And finally I think it would give everybody the opportunity to sound off on how they like instructions and anyone else contemplating creating a model for commercial application could benfit from the feedback. If such a thread or tutorial already exists, by all means please point me in the right direction.
  3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

intruction diagram can make it easily in Rhino with make2D Drawing function metaseq can make something like that too with metatoon render system (2,500 yen but they have freeware version too cal metatoon lite) i used to use that metatoon to create my commercial model's instruction too

[​IMG]
    sample of metatoon output

but they dis-continue marketing and website is down already, my copy of metatoon lite! (free version) is in my hdd was dead long time ago :( who have this program please raise your hand :p
  4. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

intruction diagram can make it easily in Rhino with make2D Drawing function metaseq can make something like that too with metatoon render system (2,500 yen but they have freeware version too cal metatoon lite) i used to use that metatoon to create my commercial model's instruction too

[​IMG]
    sample of metatoon output

but they dis-continue marketing and website is down already, my copy of metatoon lite! (free version) is in my hdd was dead long time ago :( who have this program please raise your hand :p
  5. Mace

Mace Member

NOBI, do you know what their website URL was? Maybe it is cached somewhere ;)
  6. Mace

Mace Member

NOBI, do you know what their website URL was? Maybe it is cached somewhere ;)
  7. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

8. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

9. Mace

Mace Member

10. Mace

Mace Member

11. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

I do all my instructions in Illustrator (my technical illustration background coming through):

[​IMG]

:)
  12. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

I do all my instructions in Illustrator (my technical illustration background coming through):

[​IMG]

:)
  13. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Thanks everybody who has posted thusfar. My own interests probably will lie along any path that uses Rhino (it's what I have) and since Nobi has indicated that it's useful
    I would still appreciate a little instruction on how to use the 2D drawing function. Also anyone else who has posted about their programs (Armorman and Illustrator or the metalight programs) I wouldn't mind seeing a mini tutorial on those either. I think even though they might geared towards other programs personal techniques will show through that could benift others.
  14. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Thanks everybody who has posted thusfar. My own interests probably will lie along any path that uses Rhino (it's what I have) and since Nobi has indicated that it's useful
    I would still appreciate a little instruction on how to use the 2D drawing function. Also anyone else who has posted about their programs (Armorman and Illustrator or the metalight programs) I wouldn't mind seeing a mini tutorial on those either. I think even though they might geared towards other programs personal techniques will show through that could benift others.
  15. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Thank you very much Mace, just have time to check forum and found this great result...but i have question...no have lightflow? both program need lightflow to run program :p

but metatoon lite is no need that lightflow to run program (because it ast like plugin inside metaseq) thank you very much again
  16. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Thank you very much Mace, just have time to check forum and found this great result...but i have question...no have lightflow? both program need lightflow to run program :p

but metatoon lite is no need that lightflow to run program (because it ast like plugin inside metaseq) thank you very much again
  17. Mace

Mace Member

Oops sorry NOBI,

But Lightflow was missing in the 2004 cached website :? Since I am 1337 and all :p
    the 2003 cached website DID contain the Lightflow program....so here it is :D

Lightflow --> lightwave via Rapidshare

And if you dont have Python yet (which you need for Lightflow)

Python --> Python for windows

hopefully you've got all the files you need now :lol:

PS if your ISP has blocked Rapidshare, Just send me a PM with you emailaddress and I'll send you the files :wink: [/url]
  18. Mace

Mace Member

Oops sorry NOBI,

But Lightflow was missing in the 2004 cached website :? Since I am 1337 and all :p
    the 2003 cached website DID contain the Lightflow program....so here it is :D

Lightflow --> lightwave via Rapidshare

And if you dont have Python yet (which you need for Lightflow)

Python --> Python for windows

hopefully you've got all the files you need now :lol:

PS if your ISP has blocked Rapidshare, Just send me a PM with you emailaddress and I'll send you the files :wink: [/url]
  19. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Thank you very much, Mace but i dont understand code u refer too, u said u r in 1337 what's mean? :)

lightflow installation is messing me hehe now i still cant install it but thank you very much anyway. welcome for all advise for install lightflow :)

sample of lightflow+metaseq+metatoon
    [​IMG]

sample of lightflow+metaseq
    [​IMG]
  20. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Thank you very much, Mace but i dont understand code u refer too, u said u r in 1337 what's mean? :)

lightflow installation is messing me hehe now i still cant install it but thank you very much anyway. welcome for all advise for install lightflow :)

sample of lightflow+metaseq+metatoon
    [​IMG]

sample of lightflow+metaseq
    [​IMG]