Inside the sawmill

shamus

Registered Member
Been busy making all the machinery for the 0n30 sawmill.
Shamus

Attachments

• millinside.jpg
    millinside.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 211

Clerk

Shamus. You must be feeling much better now, You are back to your old self with that quality of work.

TR-Flyer

Hi:
Great work as always. Since i always think of this when i look at Shamus' work i'll ask a question here. If y'all have a minute, could you explain how you get so many unique poses and outfits for your people? Do you really cut their little arms off, glue them back on, putty all the joints, use more putty to add suspenders, jackets, hats, etc.

Is there a good book on this? The only one i've seen was aimed at diorama work.

Regards,
Ted

sawmill

Shamus, the only comment I can make on this, is that if it wasn't for the LPBs I would have bet high money that was a real sawmill. I still think it may be and the LPBs were superimposed to fool us. Either way, FANTASTIC!!

Lynn

spitfire

Wow!

Fantastic work Paul, as ever, and I'm glad to see you back. It's hard to pick out one cool detail from so many, but I am really impressed by the effect of all the sawdust and wood chips - it adds so much to the realism.

cheers
Val

jmarksbery

FANTASTIC!!!!

I have a question about the LPB's also. How do they get any work done with their hands in their pockets? Super great work Paul. Glad you are feeling much better. Jim :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

shamus

Registered Member
Originally posted by TR-Flyer
Hi:
Great work as always. Since i always think of this when i look at Shamus' work i'll ask a question here. If y'all have a minute, could you explain how you get so many unique poses and outfits for your people? Do you really cut their little arms off, glue them back on, putty all the joints, use more putty to add suspenders, jackets, hats, etc.

Is there a good book on this? The only one i've seen was aimed at diorama work.

Regards,
Ted

Jim,
I have a question about the LPB's also. How do they get any work done with their hands in their pockets? Super great work Paul. Glad you are feeling much better.

Hi Ted,
Most of my 0 gauge people are in fact just Model Power products (they make them in HO and 0) and are already in those positions when you buy them. I have in the past taken off arms and re-glued in another position, but those in the sawmill were un-painted and straight out of the box.

Jim my friend,
Tea break time Hehe.
Shamus