info needed FEC Railroad

dmb3006

My beloved NYC HO layout is scraped and all locomotives and cars sold.We have relocated from the Syracuse NY area to Port Orange Florida near Daytona Beach.I now live in a retirement mobile home park no space for a model RR.There is a very active RR Xing 1/4 mile from the house at night I hear trains blowing for the NOVA road XING about every 20 mins. all night Its fairly active during the day also.I can't believe they run so many trains on a single track.Can anyone tell me where there main yard is? I have not seen any Passenger trains.Took a drive over to Sanford FL.to see the Auto Train station.I went to Deland FL. to see the Amtrak station.Coming from NYC RR land I am pleased to see a railroad operation.However I know nothing about the FEC.

David - do yourself a favour and look at http://www.lancemindheim.com/ It isn't the FEC, but it is set in Florida. I think its one of my favorite model railroads - just wish I had the space. I do have a trackplan worked out for 84"x18" in HO that is based on it. If you went to N it would fit in 48" x 12", and you must have room for that
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

Russ Bellinis

Is the mobile home park for retirees only, or does it just happen to be populated by retirees? I'm wondering if they might have a community space at the park where a model rr club could set up and operate? There might be a modular club in your area where you could build a 2 x 4 foot module and participate with other modelers. I also wonder if there might be a club nearby that you could join? Just a few ideas for you to consider. If there is no club in your area, is there a bulliten board at some sort of comunity center in the trailer park where you could post a notice? You might want to see if there are others who are interested in trains who would want to start a modular club.

dmb3006

Thank you all for the responce.I do live in a retirement park.The nearest Model RR club is in flagler county north of Volusia county where we live Those were great FEC sites I saw more than 15 trains today