Indiana Midland under construction

marty w.

Construction of the new Indiana Midland is finally underway.
Getting the room ready was a time consuming task, with putting up drywall and installation of the H/A unit. The first pic shows about 2/3's of the bench work up. It is a combination of open gird and a modified L-girder. The L-girder is really a T-girder. The T wiil supply more attachment points for the cross members. The second pic shows more detail of the T-girder at the end of one of the peninsulas. The next task is to dismantle the existing layout. I hope to savage all the bench work, track, and lights to finish the new layout.
Marty

Attachments

• benchwork.jpg
    benchwork.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 325

Woodie

Marty,
That is just a HYOOOOG room. :) Someone must be very efficient with the broom too! Where's all teh sawdust?? Oh... swept up and ready to be made into scatter material for groundcover?? :D :eek: :cool:

Pooh Bah
"I hope to savage all the bench work, track, and lights to finish the new layout."
Marty: are you really going to be that nasty to your your old layout? Did it fall on your foot some time? ;) ;)

Ty Rayles

:eek: :eek: :eek: Trees, did someone say trees? We don't need no stinking trees! Good to see you getting started Marty, looking forward to pics of the progress. :D :cool:

Whahoo! lots of new construction going on around here.

looking good, I like the T thing. I could tell also that you must be going to model good 'ol Indiana by that level in one of the pics :D

t.

alkcnw

Hey Marty, On your old layout on your website could you tell me how wide the yard benchwork is? excluding the dogbone curve.:D

marty w.

Andy
The benchwork is 33" wide and 48" tall. I need a stepstoop to reach the buildings and track that is near the backdrop.
Marty