Indiana Midland photos with new camera

marty w.

Originally posted by jon-monon

Another thot, I bought some 1/8" tape. I plan to lay down parallel rows of the stuff, adjacent to each other, peel off every other one, then spary or air brush it.

Jon,
Thanks.
That's a great idea there. I might try that.
The Indiana Midland has 20 GP-30's on their roster, I'm only going to model 4 of them. I can hear the wife now, What the hell do you need 20 of the same thing for? :D :D :D :D :D :D
Marty
BTW - Go Texas Tech!!!!!!;) ;) :D :D :) :)

Gary Pfeil

I'm not sure the tape would be easier to deal with than the decals, particularly with molded on grabs. With molded on grabs, The best thing to do if you are willing is shave them off, apply the spripes, then drill for and add wire grabs. I have a feeling Marty has done more of this than I. BTW, I also bought custom decals, but from GMC Rail, I believe it was, there is a link to them on Shamus's site, which is where I learned of him. Gary Collins, if I recall correctly. Very helpful and great quality decals. A pleasure to work with. Again I really like your scheme Marty, you sure did act quickly on it!

Gary

marty w.

Originally posted by Gary H Pfeil
I'm not sure the tape would be easier to deal with than the decals, particularly with molded on grabs. With molded on grabs, The best thing to do if you are willing is shave them off, apply the spripes, then drill for and add wire grabs.

Gary

Very true Gary. The paint idea would allow me to match the yellow color of the decals. I did not purchase stripes from Rail Graphics. This would require more art work (of the stripes) and I don't know if I what to use decals for the stripes just yet. I have some yellow Microscale stripe decals that I applied last night. Even applying to a Atlas Classic (without the molded on grabs) was a challange. I put on many coats of decal setting solution and it looks pretty good. I'm still in the R&D stage of this, hoping to find a quick and easy method.

Marty

Gary Pfeil

Mart, How well did the microscale yellow stripes cover the green paint? I've had times in the past when yellow over green just didn't come out yellow! A friend (Blake, doing Erie units) has used two decals, one on top of the other to solve this.

Gary

marty w.

Gary- Not too bad. The Rail Graphics yellow is a lighter shade than the Microscale and I'm hoping that they will match. I'll know tonight. The yellows are hard to gauge what color they will really be, when you apply them to a dark base. The yellow really pops out on the red caboose.
Marty