Indiana Jones...where are you?!

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by blitzer, Feb 16, 2007.

1. blitzer

blitzer New Member

I've perused this site and found very little in the area of Dr. Jones. Our Summer Reading Program this year is called Get a Clue, and I thought it would be fun to build a bunch of Indiana Jones-related models to display as part of a story/clue chase game for the kids. I've downloaded several of the 7 wonders from the Delta 7 Studios site to use as locations for the story, but I was hoping to find maybe some hako clones of the Indy characters, maybe some models of the sites- Well of Souls, Temple of Doom, etc. I've seen several requestsw for the flying wing in Raiders. What about some of the German military trucks- any good places to look for those?
    BTW- in case you were curious, the title is Indiana Jones and the Lost Scrolls!
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

In the last Free Model contest there was a free German Command Vehicle that looked very good.................
  3. blitzer

blitzer New Member

Okay! That's one. It's a good start.
  4. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

As I said, the wing is next on my list as soon as my current project is done.
  5. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

Don't forget Fiddlersgreen has a whole series of Opel Blitz trucks, including a fuel truck, I believe.
  6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I would love to design the Ark of the Covenant if I could find good reference photo's of the movie prop...line drawings etc...
  7. blitzer

blitzer New Member

TWE-
    I just did a Google search and found very little that would be really useful. There is a website www.indyprops.com where the guy has made a 1:4 scale replica in 24ct. gold and with scaled wooden poles!
  8. blitzer

blitzer New Member

Continuing to look through everything I can to find things that can be made to fit a Indiana Jones scenario. Finished a third of the seven wonders series from Delta 7, working on the German armored vehichle Bowdenja pointed me to, and from the Sci-Fi thread about Transformers there is a link to paper robots. There is a blank model that could serve as a base for Indy and some baddies until a better model comes along. Y'know- all this digging and searching is a little like archeaology itself, isn't it?
  9. WonderWheeler

WonderWheeler New Member

10. blitzer

blitzer New Member

Thanks for the tip on the flying wing at Fiddler's Green. Nobi has designed one on his site (www.thaipaperwork.com) that is free as well, and very impressive.
    Armorman (you didn't get that from an independent comic book did you?) I look forward to seeing what you can do. I find a few pictures of the bird in the film, but nothing like a blueprint- I know you've got a task ahead of you. How about ideas for generic temple walls, gates, steps, anything to help create a background- oh, and plants, too!
  11. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

blitzer,

I came up with the name because I create custom LEGO parts and the majority of the first batch I designed was armor.

B
  12. blitzer

blitzer New Member

Cool. I asked because there used to be a Christian comic titled Armorman.
  13. blitzer

blitzer New Member

In my search for more Indiana Jones stuff, I've decided to try and design the Ishtar Gate. Until the Alexandria Lighthouse came along, the Ishtar Gate was the seventh wonder of the world, in the same city as the hanging gardens (must've been a happening place for its day!).
    I also found out Tom Selleck was given first offer to play Indiana Smith. Selleck had just shot a pilot for Magnum P.I. and his TV contract excluded him from any movie work. CBS wasn't sold on the show until they got calls from Spielberg & Lucas asking that Selleck be allowed to do the movie. CBS picked up the series and told the super-producers to find someone else.
    ...and now you know the rest of the story!
  14. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Check out the extras DVD on the Indiana Jones Trilogy and you'll see one of Selleck's screen tests.
  15. blitzer

blitzer New Member

Okay, I'm about one or two days away from finishing an Ishtar Gate model. I don't have Illustrator or Pepakura or any of that stuff- I'm doing it the old fashioned way- I'm scanning and cropping images into Publisher. If anyone out there wants to try a build of it & let me know what problems there are or where it could be improved, I'd appreciate it!