In search of a B-26...

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by bugman72, Jan 19, 2007.

1. shrike

shrike Guest

The Mohawk was the airplane that set the decision in stone. I think it was part of MacNamara's tenure (working strictly from memory here) . Same set of decisions that saw the USN adopt the USAF designation method.
  2. shrike

shrike Guest

The Mohawk was the airplane that set the decision in stone. I think it was part of MacNamara's tenure (working strictly from memory here) . Same set of decisions that saw the USN adopt the USAF designation method.
  3. shrike

shrike Guest

4. shrike

shrike Guest

5. shrike

shrike Guest

6. shrike

shrike Guest

7. shrike

shrike Guest

8. shrike

shrike Guest

9. shrike

shrike Guest

10. David H

David H Member

From Memory the Martin B26 was nick-named the "Widow Maker". A name in part derived from its high landing speeds, cutting edge systems such as its "difficult" engine management systems and "modern design".

So did the A26 Invader have any nifty nick-names? And Why?

D
  11. David H

David H Member

From Memory the Martin B26 was nick-named the "Widow Maker". A name in part derived from its high landing speeds, cutting edge systems such as its "difficult" engine management systems and "modern design".

D
  12. David H

David H Member

D
  13. David H

David H Member

D
  14. David H

David H Member

D
  15. David H

David H Member

D
  16. David H

David H Member

D
  17. David H

David H Member

D
  18. David H

David H Member

D
  19. David H

David H Member

D
  20. David H

David H Member

D