In honor of Barry

cgutzmer

May 30, 2006
Sun Prairie WI
www.ecardmodels.com
Hello all,
As many of you are already aware Barry has passed on. He was a very kind person always willing to help out and he will be greatly missed in the world of paper (and of course with those that knew him outside our hobby). Thank you Zathros for the thread. I am running a collection in Barry's name that will be donated to a project or two (depending on amount collected) that we feel Barry would have particularly liked. Right now leaning towards the Cutty Sark restoration project and a Fishery museum in his area. I will be donating a matching 50% of total proceeeds up to $200 personally.

If you wish to donate please purchase any of his models from here:
http://ecardmodels.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=35

100% of all sales for the months of November and December will be donated. These are electronic downloads so purchase as many or few as you like to get the amount you wish to donate.

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to drop me a line.
Thanks
Chris

paulhbell

Sep 23, 2009
Glad that you are promoting this over here as well Chris. Very sad about Barry's death. I think he touched more people than he actually realised. He will be missed.

Z

Zathros

Barry was a very sharp and quick witted person. He had his passion and shared it with the world. He was also damned good at it!

Z

Zathros

I mistakenly closed this thread, I was going to merge it with the other Barry R.I.P. thread, but decided it should remain on it's own. So I would like to bump it.

Chris has been in contact with BARRY's family and anyone having a question about that can put it to rest.

The intent is a donation to a charity that BARRY would have liked. That's it. It is a noble intention and one supported by many including myself.

Buying some of BARRY's models would give you an insight into a great designer of models you will not find elsewhere. You get a model, and it's cost is donated to the charity, a win-win situation.

paulhbell

Sep 23, 2009
I already have some of Barrys models. but I'll be buying a few others and adding a bit to the fund as well. Just got to get bank changed over on paypal.

cgutzmer

May 30, 2006
Sun Prairie WI
www.ecardmodels.com
Hello!
Thank you to everyone in participating in this collection. I wanted to drop a line ot let everyone know that a total of 807 dollars have been collected for the fund! I am just waiting to hear back from the family before I move further. If no preference I will let you know where the money goes!
Thanks,
Chris

Z

Zathros

You have done a great thing Chris and from the bottom of my heart I thank you for taking the initiative and putting this all together, for someone we all loved. You have my eternal respect and Thanks for that you have done!

Z

Zathros

God Bless Barry, his family and friends. He touched many people but was so unassuming, I wonder if he knew?