Imperial Russian Steam Yacht "Livadia" from Walden Models

swiftsword

Apr 7, 2005
Massachusetts
www.waldenfont.com
Guys,

this is my design of the 1881 Russian Imperial Steam Yacht "Livadia", built on the "Turbot" design of Vice-Admiral Popov. Some of you may already by familiar with the model from my thread in our sister forum. Scale is 1:250. The model is very detailed and can easily be scaled up. There are eleven boats, which are also very detailed. The kit will become available some time in May. A set of laser cut detail parts will be available, including railings, companionways, benches etc.

Please visit my website, www.waldenmodels.com for release information, or post questions to this thread.

Enjoy!

Oliver

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

paperbeam

Dec 16, 2006
Vancouver
A Real Work of Beauty Oliver!

What scale is it in?

I like all your designs as they're so unique, finely detailed and from unusual eras...

You are a true master!:D

Terry

rmks2000

Jun 29, 2006
Incredible! I recently purchased the Ross Winans yacht and am impressed with the design quality.

C

cgutzmer

Its fake - at least it has to be, its not possible to build that well ;)

You did a great job there! Right down to the pully systems on the life boats and the handrails are magnificent! The rigging, the deckchairs etc etc etc, I better stop or i will just name every part of the model :)
Chris

GT5500

Apr 23, 2006
Kent, England
I would never even attempt to build that! it took me nearly a day to build the runabout boat you offered as freebie! Great job by the way.

swiftsword

Apr 7, 2005
Massachusetts
www.waldenfont.com
Oh, don't say that! The difficulty level isn't outrageous, and the parts count is going to be fairly low. The runabout was probably the hardest bit on the whole ship, so if you've done that, the rest of the ship will be a piece of cake.

Of course, I do recommend tweezers, sufficient lighting and a magnifier :D

It took me a year to design and build this model, but if you were to sit down with the complete kit and start building, it'll probably only take you a few weeks. I should also mention that I have next to *no* free time, so that tends to stretch my builds :D

Cheers,

Oliver

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Volga Boat Song Here...,

Very nice work Oliver,

It would be interesting to learn the operations of this craft. It must have been fairly unwieldly in any type of current but with three boilers it looks to be capable of muscling its way through. A very unusual and well executed subject. Congratulations!

-Gil