Imperial bastion

Leibolmai

Aug 28, 2012
Connecticut
Took a break looking at the titan for a while, and took a shot at a bastion during lunch break. Only had 30 mins to pull some pics from google and make this. I'm planning on each layer be separate, so you can build height to your own whim. Each layer has a floor pad that servers to add the border between the layers you see on bastions.

Going to have the gun boxes be separate. Cutting windows and window trim will have to wait for another lunch lol.

Cheers,

Leibolmai

Attachments

• basti.jpg
    basti.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 32

Leibolmai

Aug 28, 2012
Connecticut
Another 30 min lunch break, added the gun enclosures, simple pole mounted guns, and cut the first batch of windows in the turret crown.

Cheers,
Leibolmai

Attachments

• gun windows.jpg
    gun windows.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 21

Leibolmai

Aug 28, 2012
Connecticut
All pieces made into PDO, and textured. Will do test build this weekend after I get more ink for the printer. Here's a couple of shots.
Cheers,
Leibolmai

Attachments

• bott.jpg
    bott.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 28
  • crow.jpg
    crow.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 26
  • pad.jpg
    pad.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 22

Leibolmai

Aug 28, 2012
Connecticut
I've had problem with printing from Pepakura and new printer, some reason won't print the texture out. So I have everything out in PDF and locked PDO ready at the moment but really want to do test build before releasing it. I'm already thinking I may need some L brackets to cut out and use between floors and pads.
I'll see what I can get built over the weekend, my first two cardstock print sheets I printed over the texture over the lines and they are all misaligned so will look ugly but least I'll know if it goes together.

Cheers,
Leibolmai

Leibolmai

Aug 28, 2012
Connecticut
Got bottom made. I didnt bother cleaning up edges and kind of regret the white. Otherwise happy with the dimensions and build.
Cheers,
Leibolmai

Attachments

• 20130320_192737.jpg
    20130320_192737.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 28

SirGavvin

Mar 26, 2013
Denton, TX
Any more progress? My son (who plays Space marines) was asking if I could build him a Bastion just the other day. I was going to sit down and work out the dimensions, but I really don't feel the need to re-invent the wheel if someone has already done the work. I look forward to your release!

vbsargent

Apr 16, 2008
MD, USA
@SirGavvin- whereabouts in Denton do you live? I was born and grew up in Denton! Used to live near the intersectino of Sherman Drive and Bell Avenue back in the '70's!

vbsargent

Leibolmai

Aug 28, 2012
Connecticut
Middle is cut out and the window frames cut out and done. Have the half the window holes cut, then will get the middle glued together this weekend.

If you are willing to be brave I can send you everything as is either in PDF and PDO without instructions when I get home tonight. Send me a PM.

Cheers,
Leibolmai

Leibolmai

Aug 28, 2012
Connecticut
Middle came out bad, so I've goneback and made changes to all three levels to include the ceiling/floor with tabs so all four sides end up in a square not a parallelogram when you are done. Means quick rebuild and texture in pepakura, I haven't seen how to add more parts to one sheet yet unfortunately so maybe I'm missing something.

Cheers,
Leibolmai