I'm Thinking Of Applying for This:

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
A local position for BNSF:

Job Description:

This is an Guaranteed Rotating Extra Board (GREB) Assignment.
This requires being available for call to cover shifts open due to permanently assigned employees being on vacation or sick.

Application Deadline: January 15, 2008 Midnight

PAY RATE
On days that you actually work:
Entry Rate $115.22/Day to $151.44/Day based on position covered

On days you do not work:
Entry Rate: $129.30/Day

GREB positions could cover any of the following assignments on a shift:

Janitor - $115.22/Day
Crew Hauler - $117.49/Day
GREB (guarantee pay) - $129.37/Day
Equipment Operator - $129.37/Day
Crane Operator - $129.37/Day
Section Stockman - $133.32/Day
Stock Clerk - $136.72
Tower Operator - $151.44/Day

The work includes 8 hour days (any of three shifts), this positions Guarantees 40 hours week.

TCU Union Membership Required

Description of major assigned duties & qualifications:
Operate, service, and inspect a variety of material handling equipment - Overhead Cranes, Industrial Forklift Trucks, Flatbed delivery truck and tractors; unload, load trucks, trailers, rail cars, deliver to and from storage areas, receive, ship, maintain material in assigned areas, handle computer applications and related reports and records. Assist in rail switching operations, hook work for cranes, inspect and secure loads and janitorial duties as required.
Operate interlocking, train orders track warrants and bulletins. Handle all signal and switch failures with failures with signal maintainer, handle emergency calls to dispatcher, handle and record all blue flags. General Code of Operating Rules qualified is preferred. Responsible for putting out track and time.

Qualifications:
Valid Driver's License
Proficient on a computer. Will be required to demonstrate keyboard ability by typing 35 wpm.
Ability to work any shift, any of day of the week, any day of the year.

Successful applicants must successfully complete the Powered Industrial Truck Certification Program. Successful applicants must be able to operate a forklift and complete certification. BNSF will do in house or send successful applicant to outside for training and certification.

NOTE: The statement "Major Assigned Duties" is intended to be briefly descriptive of the work principally performed on a bulletined position so
that the affected employees will know the general nature of such position.

We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.

Oh... and a little something that was posted over at the 3D Trains forum for BNSF railfanners

http://www.bnsf.com/media/news/articles/20...006-06-07a.html :)

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Dude, I'd go for it! I think getting a job with a railroad is really cool, especialy if you get to work on the engines themselves, then some experience in repairing model trains might come into play...:mrgreen:

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Well, I sat down and did the math last night.

I would be losing almost $200 a month with this job plus it would be almost another 80 miles round trip to get to work.

I wish it was here in St. Joseph instead of North Kansas City.