I'm getting the boot and I shower every day

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rsn48, Dec 4, 2003.

1. rsn48

rsn48 Member

For the past four or five times I have logged onto the Gauge Chat after about 5 to 10 minutes I get the boot. I don't have a fire wall and nothing has changed on my computer that I am aware of that should affect this outcome.

I do run adaware, spybot and an antivirus program, but these shouldn't affect my time on chat. This is the only place it happens and I was on chat the past 6 months without any problems with all the above mentioned software. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. Catt

Catt Guest

Rick,I've had the same problem the last two or three times I was in chat.I just got tired of it and stopped going.:(
  3. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

I don't...

...shower at all and I never seem to have problems. Well, excepting the flies.:rolleyes:

Mark:D
  4. rsn48

rsn48 Member

Catt,
    I bounced this since you were having the same problem I was having. I found that the driver for my internet card on the computer was installed twice. The conflicts this created was the culprit behind all my boots. Now that I have only one driver installed, the boots have stopped.
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

Just a thought. Try the refresh . see if it puts you back in.
  6. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I'm not having that problem, the one I have is everytime lately I log in to chat there is no one else there. It's no fun chatting to yourself. Rather talk to the wife. FRED
  7. belg

belg Member

WOW FRED how desperate are you!!!!!:D :D I've noticed the same thing the gang seems to be shrinking maybe we need to set a time so everyone knows when someone will be there. Just a thought.Pat
  8. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I try to be on at Noon EST & then again at 9:30 PM EST :)
  9. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

I'm not having this problem, but then again I don't have all those programs.