I'm Back

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
I've been away from The Gauge for a while, too.

I'm just down from Brisbane, Dave. Bout 2 1/2hrs drive. Just opened a business (internet Cafe), so couldn't make it up to Brisbane to meet up with Bob.

You'll both have to tell us all of your adventures, especially wit the TOOTs. :)

You'd think, running an internet cafe would give me plenty of time to be in here................. but it don't. Customers, customers...... someone should ban 'em!! Get a lot more done without them. :eek: :rolleyes:

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Australia Rails

Hi Woodie and all. Sorry we didn't hook up while I was in Oz. Started at the Rotary Convention in Brisbane, of course, then flew to Darwin for a few days (including Kakadu). Then we flew on to Perth for a few more days. From there, we took the Indian Pacific train to Adelaide. Nice trip. Maybe I can post more info and possibly pics later. Spent a few more days in Adelaide, then got back on the train and went to Sydney, where we stayed overnight before flying home. Found the roadbed on the latter legs much rougher than across the Nullarbor. Altogether a great trip.