I'm Back!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Just got in this afternoon, after a VERY relaxing week down in the hill country. I checked in here as soon as I could...
5 PAGES OF NEW POSTS!!!
It's great to see everybody's been busy on the RR! (remember...that's "all the live-long day"! :D )
Great to see all the new members! Let me offer all of you a collective howdy, & welcome aboard! :)
Got a little kitbash I worked on while I was gone...I still need to polish it up a little, & then I'll post some pics.
Once again, vacation was nice, but it's great to be back!

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Charlie and glad you're back. Glad that the trip was enjoyable:D :D

Folks have been talking about you while you were gone...but it was all good!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

I'm Back, Too

Like Charlie, I've been gone for several days. Had to go to Branson (Mo) with my wife for her company's regional conference. Didn't take in any of the big shows this time or even ride the Branson Scenic RR, but I did make it to the big train shop in Hollister (just down the road from Branson). It's very well stocked, especially if you're into HO, N, or G! A recommended stop if you ever get to Branson.

CarlFidy

Jun 17, 2002
Owasso, OK
Visit site
Guess I'm in real trouble. Only been here a week and left for two days. But I had a good reason...if that helps my case any. I promise to be good from now on.;) ;)

Went from Tulsa, OK to Tremonton, UT(forty miles north of Ogden) to pick-up a stranded co-worker, his family, and disabled truck after it blew a hole in the side of the engine block. He, his pregnant wife, and son were returning from Seattle with his three daughters that he picked up for the summer. Since all other options for him, his family, and truck to get back to Tulsa were either not practical or financially outrageous, I borrowed a trailer from another co-worker and went to retrieve them. I covered 2500 miles round trip in about 47 hours.

Although I didn't have the time to stop and really enjoy them, I did get to see many UP trains between Cheyenne and Ogden. If my geography serves me right this is the area of Sherman Hill???
Saw one loco still wearing its Rio Grande paint and a couple of the "flag" units. Definatelly want to return to the area when I have a LOT more time to enjoy it.:D :D