I'm Back

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
After a mirad of computer troubles and traveling the world (ha ha), I'm back on board with the Gauge.

I hope all of you have enjoyed a very Merry Christmas and are looking forward to a happy and prosperous New Year:thumb: :thumb:

Bob

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Welcome back Bob!
A slightly belated Merry Christmas to you also, & wishing you the very best of New Tears!:wave: :)

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Dave;

I expected as least one response saying they didn't know I was gone or miss me either:)

I really did have a bunch of computer problems and finally shut down and basically emptied it out and began again. Part of the problem was a very persistent trojan that it took even the experts a spell to diagnose and dispose of.

Hopefully with some new anti-most everything protection I will have better success.

I also see that you will be busy on another site that we both use. Congratulations on being selected to Chair ICUFR International Computer Users Fellowship of Rotary).

Peace

Bob

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Welcome back Bob, now listen mate, its time to start getting on with your railroad and posting some photos for us.:D
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Shamus

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Thanks to all for the greetings :) :)

Shamus, you are, of course, correct. My railroad has just sat for too long. I have actually had some good (I think:confused:) ideas about some further yard expansion and I will complete that before I do anything else. Winter is supposed to be here so I have to work inside, but it is 60F here today and I have been outside doing some things I want to complete before the snow flys. Surely it will fly:rolleyes: :rolleyes: and I will have a railroading season:D :D

Other than decideing on some yard and siding work, I have pretty well narrowed down the era I want to model. Means I'll need to pass along some of the rolling stock I've aquired, but not very much. My fat hands don't work very well trying to install decoders, but with a little more patience than I generally have, I'm managing to get them jammed in where they go and get the screws tighten down again:thumb: :thumb:

Best to you Shamus and to all my railroading mates here on the Gauge.

Say Woodie, have you opened a B&B there yet so I can come back to OZ and visit again:D :D

Bob

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Originally posted by Bob Collins

Say Woodie, have you opened a B&B there yet so I can come back to OZ and visit again:D :D

Bob

G'day Bob... Christmas makes everyone go a bit odd..... like checking out The Gauge after after 6 months or so!! :D

The Woodie Cosy Country Comfort Rural Retreat Estate Manor House has finaly been moved into. Guests are welcome anytime. :thumb: Nightly room rate? 6 beers, a packet of nuts, and the ability to use a hammer and saw. :cool: Garahbara MKII will begin construction very soon. :D