I'm a new guy

Stithian

Hi im James Attwell. I live In South Africa and model HO and would love to start 12mm. I love trains, models and the real thing.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
:wave:Hi James and Welcome to the Gauge!!!!

Im in HO scale to and I model BNSF and UP/CNW (Chicago and North Western) and soon to become GBW (Green Bay and Westeren, which is also now owned by UP) also :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I also am in N scale, model the same road names but my N scale is all a Steel Mill and nothing more :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You picked the right forum to join, everyone here is so incredibly nice that you will feel right at home so dont be affraid to ask any questions you might have about the hobby :mrgreen: :thumb: :cool:

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Welcome aboard!

12mm gauge, or 12mm scale?

James means 12mm Gauge.

Closest you can get to Cape Standard Gauge, i.e.: 3'6''. :thumb:

Must say that large models look great with this more proper gauge. (S.A. stuff anyway).

South African models come supplied 16mm, with a few exceptions.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Welcome!
The gauge has grown considerably since it started, so trying to read everything posted here could become a lifelong task. We have a good search tool, that will help you find any, or all that has been posted here on any subject. We will also try to keep this a nice place to visit, hope to see you around here on a regular basis.
Pete

Russ Bellinis

Wlcome aboard, James. I think I remember another member on here besides Mad Hatter from South Africa, but his name and user name escapes me at the moment. As has been mentioned this is probably the friendliest forum on the net.

Triplex

HOn3 is 10.5mm gauge. 12mm gauge is HOm. It's the closest you can buy (in HO, anyway) to South Africa's 3'6" gauge.