I'll show you mine, if you show me yours!

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
I have been stock piling all my logging stuff for the up-coming winter months! Well, up here in Alberta, winter is just around the corner.

So... I got started on the new Manns Creek log buggy. But I have a problem with the way the 'link' coupler attaches to the center sile.

What I ended up with, seems to be about the same height as the Kadee#5 would be, but when you attach the front and back plates, they don't look right. I tried to 'squeeze' the coupler between the two rails, but I had to spread the two apart to get it to fit. It doesn't look right and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

Drew

Attachments

• manns creek log buggie #2.jpg
    manns creek log buggie #2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 249

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
Log buggies

Jon,

they are in fact HO. Brake beams, brake shoes and link and pin couple.
It is the 'coupler' that is mounted "below" the rails that looks to be too low. The square plate that the coupler fits through also seems to be too low. I thought that the couple might fit between the rails but is a tad too wide and the rails would have to be spread.

The instructions for these cars are really bad, and it is imposable to see what the drawing is supposed to be. I also bought the Red Ball Manns Creek side dumps, and they have better instructions, but I'm still not sure how the coupler is supposed to attach.

Drew

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
hmmmm, maybe you can find a good prototype drawing and see the proper position and then wing it.

Such a nice car, it would be ashame to have a flaw you are not satisfied with. Even f it's not noticable to others, it will always stand out when you look at it. At least that's been my experiance.

If got some plans if you would like to see them, just e-mail me and I'll send them to you. Maybe some proto pics too.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Nice log car, sorry cannot help you with that link & pin, never seen one.
Shamus

frisco2008

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
Link and Pin couplings on Mann's Creek Log Buggies

Here is a dwg reference from the Gazette that may help:

1996 Jan/Feb P p56 Mann's Creek Railroad Caboose (8 Wheel Bobber)