IJN NAGATSUKI from GreMir Models

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

I went away for the weekend with the kids and needed a model to take with me to build at night. Arizona was to big to take so I printed this baby off.
It had to be a ship as Iam getting the shake from the lack of salt water and after all I did go sailing :lol: :lol:
I picked this one as it will only take a few weeks and will still give time to build some planes as well :lol:

Nagatsuki is a destroyer in 1/200 scale, the finished model is 51cm long and has a beam of 4.5cm. Its has very nice detail and has been designed very, very well.
So far everything has gone together so easy due to the good design.

On to the photos

Next

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Last bit for tonight as I want to start DeWaynes Tojo plane :roll:

Finished the hull skin and fitted the side plates.
The next step is to fit the props and rudders.
Once this is done I will work on this from forward to aft finishing all in each section before I move on to the next (I hope) :lol:

Everything fits so well the kit just flys together great.
If you don't already have it, its a great model for those who are starting on ships and those who are old hands at it.

The photos for tonight :roll:

Next

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Gor blimey think of my credit card now I have to have that one as well. That is a relly good looking design do you think you will have it finished by 6 pm then.

Great build goes without saying.

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Blimey, that ship is falling together real quick, Rob! :shock:

Great job on the under hull portion, can hardly tell were the skin sections are.

An excellent job of it, mate!

Looking forward to your finishing her tomorrow... :wink:

Cheers!

Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Not much card cutting done last night.
As I intend to finish each section as I go, took the time to make up the metal parts for the bow.
So far I have fitted the base pates for the deck fittings and closed the bow off. Also made up the props to be fitted tonight.

I tried last night and again today to post the photos but for some reason they won't upload to the site.
I will try it again later and see what happens :?

Regards

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Some more of the photos that I tried to post the other day.
I intended to finish each section as I went, but this is not possible as while I handle it to fit bits others get knocked off :roll:
Iam still working from bow to stern though.
So far all fits great with no problems at any stage of the build.

The bridge section is half finished in these photos and the forward tubes have been fitted. I have also started the aft deck housing to carry the two stern guns.

I will post tonights build work tomorrow as the light here is to bad for photos :cry:

More tomorrow

Rob

Next

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Next

One photo of the bow section and two of the aft deck housing.

Loads of paint work to do to make this look a lot better, I will get all the main work done first before I do it.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi Rob

I have the knock bits off syndrome too and it's always the smallest bits that go walkabout. Barrel is perfect as usual I see. Mine won't come out right tonight so I shall try when the hands are less tired tomorrow at least I've got something to aim at.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Not much done today I almost cut the top off my index finger knuckle washing dishes, a broken glass in the water :shock:
Two little stitches and a bandage later, it makes bending the finger hard :x .
It would have to be my right hand as well :roll:

The amount of detail in this model is amzing for its size, even at 1/200 its still one of the smaller IJN ships. I've realy loved getting back to the salt water and this model has made that even better.

Still building just a little slow until the bandage comes off tomorrow.

More then

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi Rob

Buy a dishwasher !!!! Hire a dishwasher(electrical or human)!!

It certainly is a good looking model.

Take care

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

I did mate but she has not done them for 20 years now :lol: :lol:

Mike

I just find that if I work to a system they go together better, not reading the instructions helps :lol:
And yes there is only one short, fat, baldy guy here :D

All good fun

Rob