If pigs could fly....

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
They'd fly away, wouldn't they? They must know that sooner or later they are going to be eaten, right? ;)

Semi seriously now; if you could have any sci-fi gadget in really, what would it be?
my choice - a lightsaber! :fight:

Even without Jedi powers it is possibly the coolest gadget around !(in my opinion, anyway ;))

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
If Pigs could fly?,,,,,,,,,,,You haven't met my sister in law, she boards a 747, and gets charged for the row! :)

Chris74

Jun 3, 2010
Romania
Interesting question, my good sir. Definitely, I would go for a AT-AT walker (if it can be called 'gadget') - countless advantages. My intuition tells me I wouldn't be stopped by police guys in traffic. Bad reputation neighborhoods wont' be a problem any longer (in fact, I guess it'll be quite a fun driving there). Women would be crazy to get a ride near me, in my AT-AT driving post (or maybe they will tell I'm a bedlam case, not sure about this). And some sentimental part, of course - I remember seeing "Empire Strikes Back" somewhere in 1986 or 87, I have felt some chill thrills seeing these metal monsters coming towards me, on cinema's screen... I would like to share this kind of feelings with my fellows townsmen. :D

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The was the official end to every episode they couldn't figure out an end to, "Run away!!!...............................(I would do the same thing, instead of "Fight or Flight", the have "Flight or Transport yourself the "F" out of here. Makes sense, unless your off and end up in materializing halfway into a rock because of a bad resistor or capacitive device, Lord knows what kind of parts would make up something like that but it would be made up of parts. If you did end up in a rock, at least you cold say you have a solid foundation. I wonder if you could wigle your toes, or you become mixed up with the rock. No two objects can occupy the same time and space, so something is going to give. I think the bottom half, it that was what was stuck, would start oozing out of the rock. You would think that would have a back up for that, the have your pattern in the buffer, just beam you back, then back again, but about feet over, to the side, whatever it takes. :)