Ideas for Christmas present

Turlock

Dec 21, 2006
Hi,
A friend on mine is very into his model railway and at the moment I'm trying to sort out some sort of useful Christmas present for him. Would any of yourselves have any ideas what I could possibly get him?

At the moment he has an alright setup but it's very space saverish so is just running along two walls. He's been into it for years so is well clued up so the more technical the better. I'm thinking about 70 euro (~$100).

Thanks!

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Personally, I like beer when I'm driving my trains. Get him a few pints of quality ale. ;)

Seriously, I'd go with an engine as well. Or a nice set of matching rolling stock.

Turlock

Dec 21, 2006
Cheers Lads much appreciated, now what sort of engine would be a good buy? Does it have to be a certain type to match his taste e.g. If I were to compare it to cars I love VW's so would like a model VW, so should I go try and find what makes he like or is it just a case of something that's nice?

Thanks again seriously helping me here!! :thumb:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
See if you can tell us the name of the railroad he models. If he is free lancing his own road, the name won't help us, but if he is modeling a prototype railroad that will help in determining what to get him. Also you mentioned Euros. Is he modeling European prototypes or North American prototypes?

Turlock

Dec 21, 2006
Thanks for all the help folks, turns out it's 00 gauge that he has and he's into the steam engines. Went in and made a purchase:

62_1_sbl.JPG

100 Euro :rolleyes: which is about $131

Showed it to another model train bloke and he seemed well impressed so can't go too far wrong!

Cheers!