Ideas anyone?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Nykkman, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Nykkman

Nykkman New Member

Hi,
    I've been a member for a while but never posted so here goes.
    I want to start a card model group with some of my students in school, but any initial expenses will have to come from my pocket.
    To keep costs down a bit does anyone know of any models with all their pieces on one A4 sheet? (I know I could scale, but I don't want the kids' first models to be too fiddly).
  2. Nykkman

Nykkman New Member

Hi,
    I've been a member for a while but never posted so here goes.
    I want to start a card model group with some of my students in school, but any initial expenses will have to come from my pocket.
    To keep costs down a bit does anyone know of any models with all their pieces on one A4 sheet? (I know I could scale, but I don't want the kids' first models to be too fiddly).
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The models dont have to be designed for a4 unless you are super fussy about scale. If its designed for our silly american standards so long as you print all the pages with the same scaling it will go together just fine :)
    Chris
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The models dont have to be designed for a4 unless you are super fussy about scale. If its designed for our silly american standards so long as you print all the pages with the same scaling it will go together just fine :)
    Chris
  5. Kaz

Kaz Member

6. Kaz

Kaz Member

7. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Here are a couple of places with some hako models. They usually come on one sheet of paper and will print on A4 or US Letter without any scaling needed. Some might have an extra sheet for some added details.

This is Masume Washington's hako site:
    http://masamune.freespaces.com/hako.htm

This is a SmartGroups site called Cardmodels4Fun. You have to join it, but it is free and easy to join. There is a button at the top to join.
    Cardmodels4Fun
    Check out the Files area for the hakos. There are a bunch of them. Hakos are easy to build and not too fiddly.
    :)

Edit: Here is a site with paper models of polyhedra. Most of the pdf's have various sizes of the polyhedra. You can print the page with the model on a single page or print the multi-page version to get a larger model of the polyhedron.
    Paper Models of Polyhedra
  8. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Here are a couple of places with some hako models. They usually come on one sheet of paper and will print on A4 or US Letter without any scaling needed. Some might have an extra sheet for some added details.

This is Masume Washington's hako site:
    http://masamune.freespaces.com/hako.htm

This is a SmartGroups site called Cardmodels4Fun. You have to join it, but it is free and easy to join. There is a button at the top to join.
    Cardmodels4Fun
    Check out the Files area for the hakos. There are a bunch of them. Hakos are easy to build and not too fiddly.
    :)

Edit: Here is a site with paper models of polyhedra. Most of the pdf's have various sizes of the polyhedra. You can print the page with the model on a single page or print the multi-page version to get a larger model of the polyhedron.
    Paper Models of Polyhedra
  9. Nykkman

Nykkman New Member

Thanks Kaz,
    There's plenty here to help me get the kids started.

Edit - thanks to everyone else too.
  10. Nykkman

Nykkman New Member

Thanks Kaz,
    There's plenty here to help me get the kids started.

Edit - thanks to everyone else too.
  11. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

If you are looking for models fitting onto one A4 sheet the only option (I think) are the Fiddlers Green planes.
    If you drop this requiremet - Nobi (http://www.thaipaperwork.com/) has very nice Baby Series planes which would be perfect for kids.
    Best of all, they are free.
  12. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

If you are looking for models fitting onto one A4 sheet the only option (I think) are the Fiddlers Green planes.
    If you drop this requiremet - Nobi (http://www.thaipaperwork.com/) has very nice Baby Series planes which would be perfect for kids.
    Best of all, they are free.
  13. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Might want to steer clear of that Whipping Wendy, or the kids might start asking uncomfortable questions! :)

14. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Might want to steer clear of that Whipping Wendy, or the kids might start asking uncomfortable questions! :)

15. Nykkman

Nykkman New Member

rlwhitt,
    good advice!
    I think I might be safe with the superheoes though.
  16. Nykkman

Nykkman New Member

rlwhitt,
    good advice!
    I think I might be safe with the superheoes though.
  17. Gil

Gil Active Member

18. Gil

Gil Active Member

19. Nykkman

Nykkman New Member

Guys,
    I didn't expect as much help as this when I wrote my request - thanks so much.
    I think that my first job with the kids has to be to sit down and look through some of the web links you've suggested with them and get the kids to find something they like.
    Thanks again.
  20. Nykkman

Nykkman New Member

Guys,
    I didn't expect as much help as this when I wrote my request - thanks so much.
    I think that my first job with the kids has to be to sit down and look through some of the web links you've suggested with them and get the kids to find something they like.
    Thanks again.