Idea for my layout

I planned on starting a new layout. Had begun one before, but I didn't care for it, so I am going to start over. I don't have any good layout programs, so I did this woith basic MS paint.. Not great, but you get the idea.

The thin black is the track and sidings. The dark green is hills and the black dotted line is track UNDER hill after entering tunnels(red) the thicker black with yellow is local road. Light green represents trees. The brown rectangle in the center is a transfer warehouse and the grey/yellow is trailer parking for warehouse. Smaller brown squares at bottom are homes with grey being driveways. The blue at top is a river running across layout. Will have 2 bridges for track and one for road. Right side "siding" is under hill will be where my intermodal train will be hidden. Only running layout when I want it to be. A little switching at warehouse is available. Will have main train deliver boxcars and transfer switcher will do the switching between the 3 sidings.

What do you think????

Thanks in advance for any input!

CNWman

CNW Fan
I like the plan alot, but one thing is a little odd. On the far right where you have your hidden staging, you have a road going through it. If someone was standing across from the hill staging on the far left, they would see the aprupt end of the tunnel. Is this layout going to be an island or put back-to-back with a wall(s)?

I like the plan alot, but one thing is a little odd. On the far right where you have your hidden staging, you have a road going through it. If someone was standing across from the hill staging on the far left, they would see the aprupt end of the tunnel. Is this layout going to be an island or put back-to-back with a wall(s)?

Thanks,

Yeah, I thought of that... Not sure what I am going to do with that part of the road. It is going to be back to back with a wall in the corner.

What size is this layout? What scale?

Roughly 4x10 and 4x8... It is actually a 4x6 against a 4x8.

N scale.

Triplex

If this layout has a wall along either long side, it will be difficult to impossible to reach all the layout.

If this layout has a wall along either long side, it will be difficult to impossible to reach all the layout.

You're right, however, It's actually on a rolling table I built, so I can get to all sides of layout. It is in my garage on concrete so moving is not hard.

Thanks

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
You're right, however, It's actually on a rolling table I built, so I can get to all sides of layout. It is in my garage on concrete so moving is not hard.

Thanks
I did that with mine as well. The only problem is, my layout keeps growing and it is getting heavier and harder to roll it away from the walls. Mine sits on Travertine tile and I have a lot of tunnel access that I can only get to when I roll it back a little.
A while back, on the club layout, I had a road tunnel that abruptly dead ended into some tracks inside of a tunnel directly behind. I took some black construction paper, put a thin white highway stripe that narrowed towards the back, rolled the paper into a cone shape and taped it to the back of the road tunnel portal (clear as mud?). It gave the impression that the tunnel went on and on inside. I thought it was very convincing.