Ice Rink

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
A scene from my teen years.
Frozen pond behind sawmill pile burning tires to keep revelers warm {and dirty} some logs to sit on, a few{?} scattered beer & wine bottles and the back half of a 54 Ford sedan sticking out of the ice. details baby.

jflessne

May 10, 2006
Hot Arizona
www.azlivewire.com
Well I tried the white glue and it did what I expected. Look good for the most part. Seems to work with one minor problem. I should of painted the foam a little better under the glue. The glue seemed to enhance the pinkish hue of the foam. :) Looks like I'm tearing it up tonight after it drys a bit more.

I actually had plopped a few rocks (Ya know we have rock yards here in Arizona.) and some branches etc in the glue. Worked great. My 3 year olds idea of a little sand (Ballast) for texture didn't turn out so hot. As the glue dried the ballast spread out into the pond. :( I'll post pictures before I tear it up.

jflessne

May 10, 2006
Hot Arizona
www.azlivewire.com
:) I think I will try that.
I built a birm on the outer edge with clear silcone. Eseentialy to keep the glue in one spot and to give the snow a snow bank appearance. I tried to put the sticks standing straight up. :(

I got my 50's chevy pickup with head lights last night. I'm not sure I want to weather it or glue snow to it. :( It's so cool looking.

jflessne

May 10, 2006
Hot Arizona
www.azlivewire.com
It's funny here in Arizona it's difficult at times to find any color foam. The big sheet of pink foam I got from home depot a few weeks ago had what looked like a very large bite mark out it and lots of foot prints. They gave me a discount. I think the pink will be fine. I added another layer of glue so I think it will look better.