IandOFan71's Chessie Layout Pictures.....

IandOFan71

Mar 20, 2007
Groveport, Ohio
Greetings all,
It's been a while since I've posted on here although I visit nearly every day but I thought I'd actually post something. I've been busy working on yet another expansion of my layout. I'm adding a little more mainline run but more importantly, the expansion has allowed me to spread out existing industries, add new industries and enhance the overall operation of the layout. The following series of pictures is the progress of the expansion. Hope you all enjoy.

The first picture is the former location of the grain mill and the Straitsville running track. As you can see the mill has been moved and the rail removal is complete.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 12

IandOFan71

Mar 20, 2007
Groveport, Ohio
This is the former location of the Hocking County fair which has been moved to a better location. The rail has yet to be removed. As part of the expansion, the last three feet of this section will be cut out and moved four feet towards the back wall.

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 10

IandOFan71

Mar 20, 2007
Groveport, Ohio
Here is the grain mill in it's new spot with the passing siding and loading track installed but not glued down. In it's new location I will now be able to spot 8 cars instead of 6 and have the ability to make a runaround move.

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 9

IandOFan71

Mar 20, 2007
Groveport, Ohio
The grain mill is now loaded up with cars and the new switcher that will switch the mill. The switcher needs some paint and a little engine work.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 8

IandOFan71

Mar 20, 2007
Groveport, Ohio
Next is the overall view of the completed benchwork. The foam is installed, the control panel moved and the skirting has been reinstalled. The mainline is laid out and wired but I still have to install cork roadbed. Also a passing siding and the new industrial trackage has yet to be completed but I'm getting there.

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 11

IandOFan71

Mar 20, 2007
Groveport, Ohio
Here is a view of the new industrial trackage looking south. As you can see the track is laid out pretty much where it's going to be but not glued down.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 7

IandOFan71

Mar 20, 2007
Groveport, Ohio
The same industrial trackage looking north towards the junction with the mainline. The vanilla folder next to the lumber dealer is the footprint for the new Sullivan Wood Products building that will be here Wednesday. The lumber dealer is Sullivan Lumber and Supply which is where the Sullivan empire all started. Hey Mark, the family business is taking off!!:thumb:

Attachments

• 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 11

IandOFan71

Mar 20, 2007
Groveport, Ohio
A close up view of Sullivan Wood Products. Well this is all for now. I'll be working on some more of the trackwork today and fixing a couple of bugs in the wiring so I'll post some more when I get the chance. Hope you've all enjoyed so far. Take care.

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 7

IandOFan71

Mar 20, 2007
Groveport, Ohio
Thanks Loren,
My wife just never understands why I keep tearing things up. I don't try to explain. I'll tell you what though, after the amount of time I've spent rewiring this thing I'm pretty set on how it's going to look now.