IAF Ouragan Build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by RyanShort1, Jun 29, 2004.

1. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Well... I'm going to see if I can do a build. The subject is an Israeli Air Force Dassault Ouragan. A nice little plane with some pleasing lines. (Yes this is one of those controversial IAF models recently discussed, but I already printed it out, so either I destroy the paper, or use it...)
    My work is still a bit messier than I'd like it to be and quite a bit below the level of our favorite ship modelers, but a comment was made about there being too much water... So here goes for a breath of fresh (er. well maybe jet-fuel tainted) air.
    Below are the first three pictures.

Ryan
  2. Ron

Ron Member

Ryan,
    Something with wings!!! That fighter looks like an interesting build and it's coming along quite nicely :) I did an image search on google and I could't believe the amount of color/camo schemes that bird came in. Please keep up with the photos!

Ron
  3. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

I forgot to add that if you cut the first section of nose carefully, the two sides don't quite match at the bottom, so some trimming will be necessary... I'm guessing that if my first piece needed some help others will too, so I'll have to see what happens. I've also spotted what looks to me like some things that will need to be recolored such as some incomplete fins on the wing tanks.

Ryan
  4. barry

barry Active Member

Hi Ryan

this shipmodeller is looking forward to getting some tips thanks for showing it, it's an original subject to tackle.

barry
  5. bwallaw

bwallaw Member

Go Ryan!

Most interested to watch the progress of your construction.
  6. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

With GREAT reluctance and dismay

It is with GREAT reluctance and dismay I need to announce that I will not be continuing this build at least for now. The fit of the 3rd and 4th fuselage pieces is SO bad that it will require some major surgery or redraw that I don't feel like doing at this point in time. I hope to finish this plane eventually, but not on the schedule I'm running right now. Will post some pictures as soon as I have access to the digital camera (my sister's using it for a couple of days).

Ryan
  7. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

fit problems

There are also fit problems between the wings and the fuselage. About 2 years ago, I enlarged this kit to 1/32, and the fit problems were enlarged as well. I tossed all the parts to the nearest garbage bin :cry:
    I have now on my desk the F-16I, only the fuselage completed, and already I put it on hold, due to fit problems :(
  8. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Re: fit problems

Is this Moshe?
    Anyway, what was the nature of the fit problem with the wings? Any trouble with the wing spars? Also, how bad was the fit between the 2nd fuselage part and the 3rd and 4th ones? I think that my discrepancy with careful cutting was something like a 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch, which is TOTALLY unacceptable in my opinion.
    Ever since I saw a picture of the plane I've wanted to build one, so eventually I hope to work on the bugs.

Ryan
  9. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

fit problems

Yes, it's Moshe. The wings did not reach the fueslage, in some areas, and gaps remain. Some of the fuselage sections did not fit, I do not remember how bad was it, and there were also color mismatches between the parts, (shark teeth and other lines).
  10. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Re: fit problems

I've noticed all of those problems as well. Still, I don't mind color mismatches like guns, sharkteeth, and panel lines that don't match nearly as much as I dislike a part that just won't fit!

Ryan