I need a name...

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Luis my railroad in real life would have been located in the middle of both the Nantahala mtn. range and the Nantahala forest so naming it the Natahala Midland was a natural choice. Most freelancers have a geographic location the railroad would have been located in and get the name from that. Not being familar with the geography in Portugal I can't suggest anything but you might want to go down that track (pun intended :D ).

Rusty Stumps

Luis, if it serves me right there is a mountain range to the East of Portugal that divides it from Spain. Any choice names that you can derive from special places within those mountains. I'm certain there are large forest areas there that would be ideal for logging if that's what your doing or maybe some special towns or areas that you could use.

I'm living just outside Indianapolis Indiana USA and there is a small river that runs into town from a rather wealthy area just too the north. There is also a parkway that runs along the river for a good distance. The river is called "Fall Creek" so the name I chose was "Fall Creek Lumber and Mining Railroad." I like the sound of it and it really could be any where in the US.

Hope this helps.
Walt

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Luis:
is this for your American railway? If so, get an atlas and read all the wonderful names that we pinched from every nationality we came in contact with. In southern Ontario you can find, within 50 miles, London, Paris, Zurich and Lisbon. (Used to have Berlin but that diappeared during one of the wars.) Your railroad doesn't have to reach any of those places (yet); it can have great ambitions!
If you're married, put your wife's name in somewhere. If you're not, be very careful - relettering everything to remove an old girlfriend is only slightly less painful than removing a tattoo.
Avoid bad puns! They start to grate after a number of years.

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Luis - LuisVille, DanielTown Lopes Valley Railroad isn't that much longer than Atkinson, Topeka & Santa Fe or Chicago, Burlington & Quincy. I kinda like it.