I need a name for my layout

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
Hi all!
I´m starting all over with my N-scale layout and am sitting in my chair and planning for it´s coming up.
I got a modular basic trackplan here and need a name for the layout.
Because I´m from Sweden I don´t know much about names of railroads so I thougt someone could give some suggestions :)
The theme for the layout will be traffic from a lumber post to industries where something is done and from that to the station for delivery to final destination.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I see the Santa Fe logo at the top of your track plan link and assume you want to model an American line, right? Some people like to name their model railroads after a division of their favorite line so maybe some research of the Sante Fe system might yield some possibilties. Another option might be to get out a map of the western US and pick out some town or city names that appeal.

Are you freelancing a railroad? If so then maybe you can pick a city name and add a direction such as I did with my Kings Port & Western.
Ralph

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
Thank´s for the tips!
I have now decided that the proud name would be "South Eastern Railroad" because I live in the southeastern part of Sweden.
Today I will go to the local timber yard and by the things I need to get started :)

DavidB-AU

Feb 26, 2006
Parts of Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania along the Delaware River were originally called Nya Sverige (New Sweden). The Delaware River itself was originally called the Swenskes Revier. Essington was originally called Nya Göteborg and Salem was Nya Elfsborg.

A layout depicting a fictional Class II or short line through the area could potentially run through many places with Swedish names.

Cheers
David

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
DavidB-AU said:
Parts of Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania along the Delaware River were originally called Nya Sverige (New Sweden). The Delaware River itself was originally called the Swenskes Revier. Essington was originally called Nya Göteborg and Salem was Nya Elfsborg.

A layout depicting a fictional Class II or short line through the area could potentially run through many places with Swedish names.

Cheers
David
Is it maybe so David that you have your family roots in Sweden?

japrail

Jan 14, 2007
Brisbane Australia
I hope you have better luck than I did with names, with my freelance RR I find I change the name as the layout evolves, already changed it three times but think I have the right one now, funny how when the layout grows a chosen name does not suit.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
fsm1000 said:
I just used the initials of my name FSM :D After all it is my railroad LOL
I hope that helps:)

My B&MC comes from the initials of my beloved and I. It's come to stand for the Basic and Mostly Credible around friends and the Baltimore and Mount Claire around rivet counters.:thumb:

DavidB-AU

Feb 26, 2006
berraf said:
Is it maybe so David that you have your family roots in Sweden?
Denmark actually. Well technically Schleswig-Holstein which was either Danish or German depending on whose army was occupying at the time. :)

Cheers
David