I met up with the great Rhaven Blaack!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
What a happy group. I'm jealous, in a good way. I'd probably have my face blurred for all the people who hate me. What did you have for dinner? :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
We did indeed have a GREAT TIME! It was a WONDERFUL PLEASURE meeting @Ron Caudillo face-to-face for the first time. I have always enjoyed meeting people face-to-face that I know here!
We went to a local restaurant that was a little upper scale than what I am really use to.

Tonino

Too bad I'm on the wrong side of the ocean. :( I live in a very pleasant place but it's too far from most of you my friends.

We should consider the possibility of organizing - al least - a great EZEC (European ZEalotian Convention...) what do you think @Revell-Fan ?

:toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Was it a "Big 'n Tall" restaurant! :biggrin:
Actually, it was fairly small!

Too bad I'm on the wrong side of the ocean. :( I live in a very pleasant place but it's too far from most of you my friends.

We should consider the possibility of organizing - al least - a great EZEC (European ZEalotian Convention...) what do you think @Revell-Fan ?

:toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

Once I can save up enough money, We will be planning a trip to Europe to meet both you and several others! I think that a EZEC is a GREAT idea!!!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Forever!!! This is the only way I could ever get across again, but the landing would be much, I'd probably bust up my Violin: :ass-kicking: :violin:

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Probably....? I'm not aware of any model/paper crafting ones though. We do have "HobbyEx" which an annual general hobby expo (trains, RC, etc.) Thunderchild is in Pretoria & I'm in Jo'burg. about 30-60 minutes apart (depending which part of the city...)

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Probably....? I'm not aware of any model/paper crafting ones though. We do have "HobbyEx" which an annual general hobby expo (trains, RC, etc.) Thunderchild is in Pretoria & I'm in Jo'burg. about 30-60 minutes apart (depending which part of the city...)

Geeze, that's nothing. Here you drive that far to save 3 cents a gallon on gasoline. It makes for a free trip, you get to drive, and just drive. I do that on my motorcycle. A couple of weeks ago I drove 150 miles, with my back, that was a long haul. My son came with it. It's so much more fun when you have company. The last 25 miles where a "are we there yet" situation, which is hard to hear at 80 miles per hour. It was a very fast rid, I had to adjust the chain quite a bit, and it is an or ring sealed roller bearing chain. Can't skimp out of the important stuff. My bike just hit 40K miles, and runs like the dickens. I love that bike so much. People, when I am stopped tell all the time, "OMG!! A 1983 Suzuki GS750ES, this is the bike that started it all!!", then ask if I am wiling to sell it which is followed by q quick "No". I'd drive quite a distance for a Paper model convention, maybe catch up with a few people, bring some toys, and my Nunchakus for some others, if warranted. :blueface::wink::yesyes::sticktongue::exterminate:

Disclaimer.........the previous remark was for fun, get real.