i messed with the low end :(

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by rc10gt3jimbo, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

how do i correctly set my low end, it was brand new and i hosed it up, xtm .18 ( or .163 as ive found to be true, )the fly wheel came lose and messed it up i didnt relize what happened so i thought it was my settings i can get it to start, but the facotry setting of open throttle all way close in needle and back out 5 turns doesnt seem to be working , can ne one give me some streps to take to get this engine running right , it runs now and if you rev it at all unless very slow it sounds like #@$% n dies asnd pulls the pull start in hard. please help ive had a terrible time with my truck,, i had an engine tuned perfect, and the connecting rod broke (i water locked it and pulled**) ive gone threw 2 engines, how do i take car of this one
    thnx
  2. wtb3886

wtb3886 New Member

Sorry to hear that rc10gt3jimbo: checkout my post in the rc airplane forum for Instructor, I have posted how to tune an engine for airplanes and its is the same way for any glow engines. If I can be of any assistance drop me an email.
  3. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

you rock thnx
  4. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

givin the info on the page in your post in aircraft i was able to tune my engine to the point it runs, its running hot but it runs, im going to wait till i have a temp gauge to fine tune it thnx a million , finally some one who knows there stuff , thnx again
  5. danny_holtermann

danny_holtermann Member

Turn it rich all the way and go 2 ours lean and then turn it an hour every time till it is correct
  6. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.