i just got afew more marx cars

Marxed

the cars came in today, the gondola car was a gem, nearly mint condition, caboose wasn't as nice as expected, but i allready own the exact car in good condition... and the boxcar was awsome! i would have paid twice what i paid just the gondola and boxcar

Gil Finn

:thumb: Great M100005.

I love that train and I am glad to see a Marxman on here.

I had quite a collection but they were damaged and most of the litho was destryoyed.

Now I think I can repaint them with some neat colors and des ignd but it is still a loss.

You have some wonferfull old trains there.:)

Gil Finn

By the way a few years ago I found an 0 27 layout a dealer bought at an estate sale with a load of antiques.

It was an expertly made 4 x 8 layout with swiches and tracks. It was covered with green desk plotters for grass which had rotted away and the track was rusty, there were footprints of several accessories that were no longer there.

I restored it and ran Marx trains on it with all Marx accessories. It looked sharp.

I replaced the turn out switches and all the wireing. It was in the flood also but only the botton 18 inches as it was on it's side and can be repair once again I hope.

I may look to it and use it for a Christmass under the tree set.