I hate this week.

McFortner

I hate this week. First off, last Saturday I started getting sick with a sinus infection. Of course, my wife and kids are sick as well, so things are just so peachy at home. Then, on Monday, the plumbing in the main bathroom backs up! So sick and feeling lousy, I had to go climb under the house with a powered snake and try to unclog the 20 year old plumbing in this house. Not fun. My nose is screaming at me, I'm covered with gunk, and every time I get it unclogged, it gets clogged up again. :curse:

I think the snake was just punching a hole through the built up paper. Then as it drains more loose paper fills up the hole and it backs up again. I've taken the toilet up THREE times now to snake from this end, and I'm back at square one. At least the line for the kitchen and master bath are ok, but I have a leak in the line for the master bath toilet that I was going to work on this weekend, so we are on "California Water Rules" * around here to prevent any water damage to the subfloor. :eek:

It looks like I'm going to have to call the plumber on this one. So much for the time I had scheduled off this weekend for the Caboose Days at the Southeastern Railroad Museum. :(

This is just.... nah, can't finish the pun....

Michael

* - California Water Rules: PM me if you really want to know what that means. You have been warned.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Ohhh Maaannnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what an experince you have had Michael. Now you need that septic sucking guy from the red green show to come and help you

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
WOW Michael. That's terrible. I don't like when that happens cause then it acutally does come down to calling the plumber.

Hope you and your family get better soon. Take Care of yourself and the family.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Michael,

Sorry to feel better at your expense, but I thought I was having a bad week until I read your post.:rolleyes: I hope things turn better for you, I really do. I can't think of a worse job, sick or otherwise, than what your doing.

Good luck, and get better soon. Sounds like a job for Roto-Rooter, the guys with the snakes the width of you drain pipe,:) Take care of that problem once and for all...:thumb: Maybe use a smaller one on your sinuses, clean them up in a hurry as well :eek::eek:

CBCNSfan

Hi Michael
I know the feeling also, no fun. I'm guessing you are on a septic system If so I can recomend a decent product for you to use. After a lot of problems 19 years ago I put in a new tank and have been using a product called " Septal " . In those 19 years there has been no need to pump the tank, in fact I opened it last year as I was getting nervous about the length of time since the installation, but no worry as it was all liquid to the top of the tank. Do an internet search if you are interested all the info is on their sites.
Cheers Willis

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
YOW!!!!! Its gotta get better from that point...right? Hope so anyway!
Best wishes,
Ralph

spitfire

Nice to see you back again Michael - I only wish it were on a happier occasion. I sure don't envy you this nasty task. Sometimes it's better not to have a clue how to fix things I guess. As for me, I would be calling the plumber first thing. :rolleyes:

Val

hooknlad

wow - sorry to hear about your misfortune. I have found that with my particular sewage system, I take a 5HP shop vac and insert the hose deep into the main trap. Put the hose into the vac in the "blow" mode, turn on and viola. Just a thought for future backups for a messy situation
thumbsup.gif
Feel better.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Wow Michael...

Sorry to hear about the sinus infections - not nice - I get them pretty bad from time to time. As for the plumbing... I am in the middle of a job in a 100 year old house with 50 year old plumbing, so I can understand your predicament... Just when you think everything is going ok, some other surprise bites you... :rolleyes:

Good luck, and hang in there!

Andrew

McFortner

spitfire said:
Nice to see you back again Michael - I only wish it were on a happier occasion.

Val

I've been a little busy lately, between working the Midnight -8am shift while looking after my 1 year old daughter from 8am till around 3pm when my wife returns to work. Kinda hard to get on chat when you are trying to sleep! ;)

Plus, I've been having issues with anxiety problems popping back up lately, so I've been lurking more than anything else. I think the medication problems have been handled since things are getting better on that front lately. Of course, I still have my layout sitting in the corner waiting for me to finish ballast so I can decide where to put the ground cover and what buildings I want to make for it. And the poor Feep hasn't been worked on in a while either.... :(

Well, hopefully things will start getting better soon.

Michael

ausien

Michael, what did you deside, about the stripe up top and the colour of the lettering for the FREEP?....hope things pick up soon for you...have a good one..steve

McFortner

Well, my brother and I ended up cutting out a 6 foot length of pipe to locate the blockage and clean it. It was in a 45 degree bend and about 3 inches of compacted toilet paper. Must have hung up on the bend and over time just accumulated. *ICK* Thankfully, we put everything back together and while we were at it installed a cleaning access (can't think of what it is called right now) nearby so it will be easier to keep clean.

ausien said:
Michael, what did you deside, about the stripe up top and the colour of the lettering for the FREEP?....hope things pick up soon for you...have a good one..steve

I think I will go with the thin black stripe across the top like BN did. I think it will look good. In the "real world" it would cover up the area that gets dirtiest first, the top near the exhausts. And it looks good too.

I'll have to break out the air brush now that the weather is warming up. Of course, it is also good weather to go out and play with the telescopes too (warm enough to stay for a while, no mosquitoes to bite you yet). I spent 3 hours last night with Daniel after sunset showing him the stars and Saturn and Jupiter in my small scope. Too many hobbies, not enough time. Decisions, decisions.... :rolleyes:

Michael

ausien

Sound like the right choice, hope you post a pic or two, when complete...have a better one next week..steve