I had to Quit my module club

jflessne

May 10, 2006
Hot Arizona
www.azlivewire.com
I had to re read this post. I shouldn't post right before lunch on an empty stomach.

Errrrr. I had to leave my module club. It was hard to have only once meeting a month and shows two times a year. I couldn't get out of probation due to lack of participation. After my first review by the members I felt a bit like the last kid that no one wanted for kick ball.

Arizona (East Valley) seems to be lacking established clubs with a permanent layouts. Adobe mountain railroad in the west valley has a great thing going but too far for me to drive. :( So it's back to my garage.:rolleyes:

Canopus

Mar 16, 2006
Cornwall UK
jflessne said:
Errrrr. I had to let my module club I wasn't going to particpate anymore. It was just hard to do with a meeting once a month and shows two times a year. You see I couldn't get out of probation.

Arizona (East Valley) just seems to terrible for established clubs with a permenant layout. Adobe guys in the west valley have a great thing going on. I just think there is anything like it in the east valley. :( So it's back to my garage.:rolleyes:

That sucks, I can understand where you're coming from, I think, if I read right. You left out a few words from your post I think! (no worries, I do that all the time when I'm in a hurry)

If I get the jist of what you're saying, you had to leave because the meetings were too frequent..? The club I went to you didn't have to come to the meetings if you didn't want to, but they preferred it if you did obviously, and they liked you to phone them if you couldn't make it.

I still left mine though. I agreed to do a lot of work for them - I'm a professional model builder, so it's pretty regular for friends to come to me for help with stuff, and the club was the same, they wanted something done as a favour and I agreed to help - I arranged to do it in exchange for free membership for a while. I got about half way into it before a certain group of club members got wind of the deal I struck with the "boss", and decided that they all wanted free membership too for the work that they had put in. Even after it was explained to them why I was getting free membership they wouldn't let it rest and decided to complete the project overnight themselves to prevent me from earning further free membership. They didn't even do a particularly good job.

How ungrateful is that? It's not like it costs a lot anyway, but to be envious and then deliberately out-model someone as a group effort to remove a person's privelidges is just bizarre... that said it wasn't entirely unexpected because that same group of individuals had been a royal P.I.T.A since I got there.

So I left.