I got videos but I need your help

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
My browser apparently tries to open mpg files with Quicktime, which didn't work, and when I saved the movie to my desktop it tried to open it with Windows Media Player which couldn't find an appropriate decoder.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I checked it out. When I tried to open it on your web page, it went to quick time, but since I don't have quick time pro or whatever their pay software is, I couldn't view it. I tried your Photo Bucket link, and it worked. I saved it to my desk top and it opened and worked fine on my windows media player. The resolution is not very good, however. It looked kind of fuzzy. You might have made the file smaller to help dial up people to load it, but it really needs to be better resolution to be useful I think.

fsm1000

Jun 4, 2006
Coquitlam BC
fsm1000.googlepages.com
I used winamp 2.98 the really old one to view it myself.
As for the resolution, I knocked it down to 1Mbit per second from 9. Also I had it resolved to 320 by 240 so it is one quarter of the size.
As for the fuzziness, as I explained on the site, I am using an old camcorder. Some of you may have noticed that I asked for a used one recently on this forum. Well I got one and this is the best picture it can make. Sorry but that is as good as it gets.

The editing software I am using is video studio 10 by Ulead.
Original format is 8mm tape.

roundabout

Aug 4, 2006
i would render to mov maybe.
who cares about small files.
most peole want clearity.

sent the original to me and i could render in peremeir for you

alex

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
fsm1000 said:
Has anyone actually benefited from this video on ballasting? Or is the quality just too bad?
Thanks ahead of time guys for all of your input and help. It has been valuable to me. :)
If you want some constructive criticism, looking at the back of your hand really doesn't do much to help with the tutorial. :rolleyes: I'd change the position of the camera at that point. Just a thought that might help you along. :)

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
fsm1000,
First of all...I love your idea. It would be an awsesome tool for a new guy such as myself.
Some points: I liked your relaxed approach and voice work But the picture quality really hurts it's usefulness. It's hard to see in the video but it didn't look like a neat job. If you do a tutorial, the finished product has to look great or your credibility is shot. However, having said that, this is just the first step and I have no doubt that You will get better and better. I look forward to your next try.

fsm1000

Jun 4, 2006
Coquitlam BC
fsm1000.googlepages.com
Ok the quality sucks I know. But the camcorder was free.
As for the neatness, this was a rush job mostly just to see if anything [including the camcorder] even worked LOL.
So when I get a better camcorder I will maybe try again. Until then. Thanks for everything guys. Your input was very helpful. :)