I got a new camera!

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I've been thinking of getting a new digital camera for a while, and I finally did, it took about 2 months to locate one but I finally found an Olympus C4000! I'm still figuring it out, but I can tell it's going to be a great camera, all of the manual settings are great, you can even adjust the shutter speed up to 16 seconds! Great for exposing more than just the front of a model train. Here is one of the first pictures I've taken with it, I'm still playing around with it, so they will get better, but I just had to post one. This was taken with no flash, at F11, 2.5 sec exposeure and ISO 400 eq.

67.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Nice camera. :cool: I checked mine and I seem to be missing a few controls. :confused: :confused: Like I got ON, OFF and ZOOM. A lot simpler, but I'll bet I can't take pictures as good as the ones you're getting. :)

Good luck with your new camera.

csxnscale

May 9, 2002
Belgium
Visit site
Woow, seems to be a great camera, great sharpness in the depth.
My Canon Powershot S30 has a limit of F8, but me and my budget aggree that should do for a while.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Paul

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Nice camera Mike and have lots of fun with it. I need to get one but don't know if they make one for an old dummy. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of that great railroad your building. Ron

:wave: :thumb:

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I'm still playing around with the super macro, look at the detail this camera can capture! This SD90 almost looks real! Except for the huge handrails. The picture looses something in the compression, but at the full file size, (1.63MB) it is really amazing. I am going to have to get a tripod too, it is very hard to hold the camera steady for a 5 sec exposure!

69.jpg