I Goofed Up!

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
A couple of years ago, I was talked into building a corner module for a member of our Victoria oNeTrak club, Later, I decided to build an offset module to match the club honcho's module and decided to match my module (Carpenter Creek) with Dave's (Stark's Bend) Corner for a continuous scene.
Unfortunately, I goofed in matching up the mainline and siding tracks, resulting in the two being off center by 1 1/2 inches:eek:

Attachments

• no7 shrunk25%.jpg
    no7 shrunk25%.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 333

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Visit site
Fixing this little problem will probably involve the re-location of some scenery, which is OK, as it was not yet complete and it will give me something to do that I can post progress on.:D
Cheers!

Terry

Attachments

• no6 shrunk30%.jpg
    no6 shrunk30%.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 333
C

Catt

How about a transition (SP) module instead?It wouldn't have to be that big (maybe just a couple feet long).

Either way the scenery already there looks mighty nice.

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Visit site
I thought of putting a transition module in, however, there was not much enthusiasm among the other club members to that approach, so I decided to re-align the track and add a couple of industries to the module.
The outer main will be the spur to one industry (any ideas?) and I decided to re-activate the old factory that had the abandoned track, by running back from the new siding and joining onto the abandoned section of track and leaving most of the abandoned section to the main line as it is.
here is my progress so far.
Cheers!

Terry

BTW, It sure hurts when you tear up scenery
:(

Attachments

• p6140008.jpg
    p6140008.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 202

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Visit site
Putting in the new industry near the edge will be next, followed by re-activating and detailing up the old factory.
Then, rebuild the scenery and if I feel charitable, I might just add some more detail to dave's corner module.:)
Cheers!

Terry

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Visit site
Thanks guys. Considering your skills in the hobby, Tyson, positive comments from you make me feel that I am doing something right.:D
It does look more interesting Trainclown, 2 industries and 1 siding definitly trump 1 siding!:D
A helper pocket was a thought Hemi, however there are no grades at all, as this layout consists of several member owned modules in the Victoria oNeTrak club and are set up in my basement.
At least it gives me something run trains on while I learn my new Cadrail program, design and start construction on my new layout.:)
Cheers!

Terry

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by 60103
Terry:

Is your club not using 3 tracks? Not N-trak?

I am a member of Victoria NTrak and we do use the 3 mainlines as well as the elivated mountain division in the back.
Many of us are also members of another group called oNeTrak which is a concept first put together by Northern Virginia NTrak about 8 or 9 years ago.
The concept involves single modules of a basic size of 1ft x 4ft (although larger modules are allowed) and, because you are only running single track, sidings and DCC are required for multi train running.
While not as popular as NTrak, it is gaining in popularity here in North America and there is also a club in Geneva, Switzerland.
For more Info on oNeTrak check out the following site:

www.nvntrak.org/nb/onetrak.php

Have a great one and Cheers!

Terry