I Give up!!

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
How in blue blazes does the shell come off of that Bachmann GE70 Tonner?? I been eyeballin' that sucker for the last 15 minutes and still can't figure that puzzle out.wall1
The instructions shows some screws but,I can't find them..I suspect the fuel tank comes off but,not sure if that screw holds the motor.

oleirish

Nov 6, 2005
Central Point,oregon
ge 70

brakie said:
How in blue blazes does the shell come off of that Bachmann GE70 Tonner?? I been eyeballin' that sucker for the last 15 minutes and still can't figure that puzzle out.wall1
The instructions shows some screws but,I can't find them..I suspect the fuel tank comes off but,not sure if that screw holds the motor.
Larry
Soon as you find out let me know?I got one about two weeks ago,says DCC on board,but I'am not able to set the loco on anything but default(3)so throught I'ed take an look inside may change the de-coder,no luck,So if you find out let me know please??On chanel 3 it works great,slow and creeps ok.
JIM

C

Catt

I'm guessing that you guys have the newer single motor unit.I doubt if Bachmann has changed the body mounting system though.If you remove the fuel tank you will find two screws opne on each side.If you remove them the body will come right off.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Thanks John..Yes its the newer DCC equipped locomotive.I want to get inside to check and service the gears,flywheels and drive shafts and look at the cab and see if there is enough room for interior.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Ok Guys,Its rather simple..Like Catt said remove the fuel tank-a tiny Phillips head screw holds it-and you will find 2 more silver Phillips head screws..Remove those and the body slides off.Thanks John!:D

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Will,What surprises me is I actually ask..Not so long ago I would have figured it out on my own..After all I have built Hobbytown and Penn-Line kits.I been tweaking drives for years starting with the brass diesels of the 60s.
Signs of the fast answer computer age?:(