I get Stumped by Philip

F

Fred_M

Got these wonderful casting from our own Philip who is selling them on ebay... http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZpas10 in packages of 20 for a great price. They are pressure resin castings and are sized to work with O and HO, mayby even N if the tress are really BIG, LOL. In O they size from about 2 1/2 foot to 1 foot at the cut line, even bigger on the dirt end. The castings are bubble free and I did NO trimming or cleaning up. They are easy to paint as there is a nice transition where the bark meets the log. I sprayed mine flat black with walmart 99 cent paint, didn't even have to wash or clean them :) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I then pained the "wood" with sandstone acrylic or a sandstone/burnt sienna mix, drybrushed the bark a different mix of the burnt sienna and sandstone, and some huntergreen/sandstone mixes for mosses. I them weathered them with oil based minwax driftwood stain. I think Philip did a fantastic job on these castings, and the price he is selling them for is really fantastic. He even includes some double stumps and counts them as one! Thanks Philip! Fred

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 166
P

philip

Fred, Again as I said in email...I appreciate you canvassing the forums and the nice review!
You did a wonderful job painting and weathering the castings! :thumb:

The wife and I were out by the lake today "sun shining :) " investigating what some beavers have done to some of the trees along the lake. Super router job on some of the trees! I may make a few Beaver Stumps. they look cool. The beavers do a nice job tapering the trees down.

Thanks to the rest of the guys for the nice comments! It makes the effort seems worthwhile.

F

Fred_M

Be good for my new layout, the Beaver Hole Lumber Company. Fred :)